Caulfield will host Saturday racing in Victoria with the Thousand Guineas headlining the day. The annual Sir Rupert Clarke Stakes is also a highlight as is the How Now Stakes. It's been another Dry week in Melbourne so runners will be running on a Good surface with the first of 10 races kicking off at 12:20pm (AEDT).
Find our expert tips for Caulfield below and make sure to head over to our Racing Tips page for more best bets from around the country this Saturday!
Caulfield Racing Tips: Saturday, November 18th 2023
Race 1: Sharp Eit Handicap - 12:20pm (AEDT)
*SCRATCHED* (2) Ain’tnodeeldun is going for four in a row here for the Anthony & Sam Freedman stable and with him being in a small field here there will likely be little pace in the race. That's okay though because when he won The Valley on October 27, it was a slowly run race there too. He gets his preferred Good surface once again and he will likely sit midfield over his preferred distance which is around 1800m.
(1) Dunkel is the pick now after scratchings. Dunkel is very fit and comes across from Morphettville after storming home to win by just under a length in the Group 1 SA Derby. He is the main danger and these two should quinella the race.
(4) Let’srollthedice has been racing well without hitting the scoreboard but probably needs a fast run race to salute which i doubt he gets here. He has been freshened for this and will be running on just behind our top pick.
(5) Saint Bathans was huge odds when 5th at Flemington and should improve gain for the Forsman camp. Barrier 1 may assist as he my sit behind the leader.
(1) Dunkel - Win
$2.25 (4 Units)
Race 5: NEDS Village Stakes - 2:35pm (AEDT)
(2) Curran is an experienced campaigner now and has had 26 races for his jockey Matthew Cartwright who knows him extremely well. He is won 4 from 18 on the Good and is over the odds here. Will likely get back again as he has been running on quite well without really challenging. This is a little easier and he rarely goes a campaign without winning or placing at juicy odds.
(4) Hypothetical is flying without winning and sometimes horses are happy within themselves running good placings. He may lead here and gets a suitable track with it being Dry.
(5) Barber has drawn wide (12) after running 2nd for JMAC up the straight in Melbourne Cup Day. Kah is on this time and will have admirers again.
(9) Prowling is consistent and goes well fresh. Another who likes Good tracks and he does drop 3.5kg.
(2) Curran - E/W
$21/$4.60 (0.5 Units)
Race 7: Schweppes Thousand Guineas GROUP 1 - 3:45pm (AEDT)
(2) Coeur Volante has Blake Shinn on again and he has won the past 2 races on this Mike Moroney trained filly. She is 2 from 2 on the Good and she did win here from an unsuitable barrier 14 last start. Has barrier 5 here and will settle around 4th or 5th.
(3) Skybird was awesome when winning at The Valley from well back off a slow pace and deserves to be favourite. She will get back again and will have to be awesome again to win at a track that favours those on pace more so than those that swoop.
(6) Joliestar has drawn inside for Waller and JMac and has to be respected. She will get back and will make her run with Skybird.
(13) Quickster was 2.95L behind Skybird last start and you can’t see her making that up here. Is talented and has drawn well though.
(2) Coeur Volante - Win
$4.40 (1 Unit)
Race 8: NEDS Sir Rupert Clarke Stakes GROUP 1 - 4:25pm (AEDT)
(3) Strait Acer is 2 from 2 over this distance and has won 4 from 10 on Good tracks so ticks a few boxes really. He was great in the Silver Eagle when 4th after making up a lot of ground when 8th at the 400m. His last win was at Randwick and he was well back there too. Will go back again.
(10) Chain of Lightning is probably better on Soft ground but was only 1L off them in a Group 3 last stat. Loves Caulfield and is a good chance at double figures.
(16) Wrote to Arataki decided to lead the last start and it paid dividends. Hs won 3 from 9 over the distance and this might be the last run of the prep.
(6) The Inferno is big odds but is quality and did win in his only try over this distance. Will be running on but it's been more than 2 years since a win.
(3) Strait Acer - E/W
$10/$3.30 (0.5 Units)
The easiest way to place your Quaddie bet is to click on the BoomBet BetShare button below! This will add our Caulfield Quaddie selections straight into your BoomBet bet slip! You can then enter how much you wish to wager and with one click, your Quaddie has been placed!
Leg one: 2, 3, 6
Leg two: 3, 6, 10, 16
Leg three: 1, 10, 11, 13
Leg four: 1, 3