Ladbrokes Park’s Lakeside venue plays host to a midweek meeting this week with eight races on the program. After another week where there has been no rain, a Good track will be on offer. Race 1 gets underway at 1pm (AEDR), and my four best bets for the program are below!
Sandown Racing Tips: Wednesday, November 22 2023
Race 2: Ladbrokes Yard Comments Handicap - 1:35pm (AEDT)
(6) Sisterhood would have matured after her first prep and with barrier 1 here can put in a forward run first up. In her latest race she ran a good 3rd when starting favourite and despite only trialing fairly her last couple (Cranbourne) she is in a leading stable (Maher&Eustace) and she should go well.
(9) Long Lost Friend is first up and won when first up last prep. She has won on a Good surface before and has traveled to South Australia last prep which would have helped with her maturity.
(1) Who Dares may lead here and may start fav. My concern is that she has only finished in the top 3 once from 5 starts on the Dry.
(2) Shakattak has drawn well in 2 and if they go hard out in front then she will finish off very strong.
(6) Sisterhood - WIN
$3 (1 Unit)
Race 4: Ladbrokes Racing Club Handicap - 2:45pm (AEDT)
(1) Speak probably does go better on Softer ground but did run well 2 starts back when 2nd at Cranbourne after she stormed home from the 400m over 2025m. She then tried her luck in the Archer Stakes at Flemington and was outclassed (7th) and this class is better for her. Craig William has decided to ride her for the second time.
(2) Sea Speedwell was a length behind Speak 2 runs back at Cranbourne. Similar to Speak she went up in class and failed at The Valley last start when running last. Better suited at midweek company at the moment.
(3) One Last Kiss steps up 500m in distance after winning over the mile at Ballarat last start. She does get back but has Harry Coffey on again who has won on her before.
(4) Stormy Grey got up by a neck on a God surface at Benalla last start and she will appreciate another Dry track here.
(1) Speak - WIN
$5.50 (1 Unit)
Race 5: The Importer Handicap - 3:20pm (AEDT)
(1) Northern Barrage was very fit before going out for a spell and returns here without a win in his last 6 starts. He has placed at Lakeside previously and his latest Pakenham win was over 1400m and he has matured since then so the mile should be of no concern. Has been in the money first and second up before and will be supported again you would think.
(6) Lottaroc won easily at Echuca and despite this being harder, he should be able to settle on speed again and be in this for a long way.
(9) Takara drops 3.5kg in weight and likes Good tracks. Carleen Hefel is on for the first time.
(4) Tewkesbury has placed over the mile before and will settle handy alongside Lottaroc. Led and just got run down over the mile at Ballarat last time.
(1) Northern Barrage - WIN
$4 (1 Unit)
Race 6: Tobin Brothers Celebrating Lives Handicap - 3:55pm (AEDT)
*SCRATCHED* (7) Dirty Grin has been runner-up his last couple but can go one better here with McDougall on top. He likes this distance and he has placed 4 times from 6 starts on the Good. He will get back but does have the ability to run on well.
(8) Plenty of Ammo has drawn the fence and may settle handy after the draw. His maiden win was on Good ground at the Bool after coming from midfield.
(6) Belmia found The Valley’ straight too small when running on for 4th last time and he should improve into the top 3.
(5) Our August Rose will go forward and will need a slow tempo to pinch this.
The easiest way to place your Quaddie bet is to click on the BoomBet BetShare button below! This will add our Quaddie selections straight into your BoomBet bet slip! You can then enter how much you wish to wager and with one click, your Quaddie has been placed!
Leg one: 1, 4, 6, 9
Leg two: 6, 7, 8
Leg three: 2, 3, 8
Leg four: 3, 7, 8