Caulfield is the venue for Saturday Racing in Melbourne with 10-high class races on offer for punters and spectators. Runners will be running on a Good 4 surface and Bermadez and Flash Feeling will fight for favouritism in the opener which gets underway at 12:15pm (AEDT). The C.F.Orr Stakes is the highlight of the day (4:55pm AEDT).
Find Brendan Bunworth’s best bets for Caulfield below, and be sure to head over to our Racing Tips pagefor more free tips from around the country this Saturday!
Caulfield Racing Tips: Saturday, February 10th 2024
Race 1: Premier Signs Handicap - 12:15pm (AEDT)
(9) Flash Feeling likes this trip and will appreciate another Dry track which is on offer. He gets a good barrier in 3 and will be fitter after running 2nd at The Valley on January 27. He had the same barrier there as he gets here (3) and I think he can improve and length after getting beaten by just a nose last time. Williams takes the ride and after two runs on top previously for one second, he will be keen to score.
(4) Suparazi is fit but it's his first go over the distance. He was fav when Bermadez beat him last time but battled on very well. He does have to carry an extra kg which will assist our on top selection.
(1) Bermadez jumps 1.5kg in weight and hasn’t placed in 3 tries over this distance. He is hard to catch but did return to the winners circle last start and may go on with it. His latest victory suggests he may be ready to try again over the 2000m. Zahra rides for the first time.
(9) Flash Feeling
$3.40 (2 Units)
Race 4: Hyland Race Colours Autumn Stakes - 1:55pm (AEDT)
(4) Southport Tycoon may have caught the exciting Veight in the Group 2 Australia Stakes last start if it was just for a few more strides and he is a young colt who is raising through the grades fast. Damien Lane hops on for the first time and there has been a spruik about this horse since fields come out. A Good track looks ideal and despite being a run on type of horse, there does look to be genuine pace in this race which should suit.
(2) Carbonados will get a nice run in transit from barrier one and I think he may settle just behind the leader here. He is probably a fantastic Place bet after he was unlucky last start. Currie sticks with him and he will have the same weight as last start.
(7) Snow Patrol won a Jumpout at Cranbourne on January 30 but is obviously giving his rivals residual fitness being first up here. Started favourite before his spell when 4th so must be respected.
(4) Southport Tycoon
$1.90 (4 Units)
Race 9: C.F.Orr Stakes - 4:55pm (AEDT)
(1) Mr.Brightside is resuming and is the best horse in the race. He has had a couple of jumpouts in the lead up to this race where he wasn’t really pushed so there is plenty more of improvement to come in the weeks ahead. He has won 3 times at Caulfield from 4 starts and it doesn’t seem to matter where he settles in the run although in this event i think he will settle around 5th from a good barrier in 4. He has a fantastic association with Williams and I think the pair can salute after being runner up in two Group 1 races in a row.
(2) Pericles was very good in winning a trial on January 30 and we have to remember he was only beaten a nose in the Group 1 Golden Eagle on November 4. From barrier 5 he will settle a length or two in front of Mr. Brightside who will have the task of running him down.
(7) Atishu will be running on and he does have a mighty record over this journey. He goes well fresh and if they go too hard up front, he will be the one storming home late.
(1) Mr. Brightside
$1.90 (4 Units)
The easiest way to place your Quaddie bet is to click on the BoomBet BetShare button below! This will add our Caulfield Quaddie selections straight into your BoomBet bet slip! You can then enter how much you wish to wager and with one click, your Quaddie has been placed!
Leg one: 1, 2, 6
Leg two: 4, 5, 11
Leg three: 1, 2, 7
Leg four: 7, 8