Racing in Melbourne this Wednesday heads to Sale where there is a solid eight race card for us to get stuck into.
The track is currently rated a good 4 with the rail in the true position. We’ve got fine and sunny conditions forecast so it looks a great betting day on track where all horses should get their chance.
Billy Bestford has cast his eye across the meeting to bring you his best free horse racing tips and race previews to help you back some winners as we get over the hump this week.
Sale Racing Tips: Wednesday May 25th
(2) Eros resumes from a spell today and showed good ability in his debut prep. Went extremely close to winning on debut at Geelong when nosed out by Xtravagant Star who is no slouch. Then tackled a strong 2yo race at The Valley, finishing 3rd behind Counttheheadlights which is good form for this. Won a recent jumpout leading into this and expect he comes back an improved horse.
(7) Winning Revolution will be a tough challenger and very nearly won an open class race in Adelaide on debut when just beaten by a handy one. Much better for that experience and this looks a touch easier. (14) Tanto could be the value runner here who was good at only run last prep and was quickly put away. That was a pretty strong form race and she is another who will improve today.
Happy to have something on (2) Eros and I think the price is pretty fair when you consider he SP’ed in the red on both occasions last prep in better races than this.
(4) Bold Hoi Hoi was visually impressive on debut and the clock also backed it up. He went straight to the front there showing good sustained speed throughout and kicked clear in the straight when asked for an effort. That win rated 5L quicker than average. Looks progressive and expect he can take the next step here.
(3) Zagusto gets the blinkers on and should enjoy getting onto firmer ground here. On best form he is more than capable of winning a midweek 64. (10) Gymnastics hit the line strong last time out and will benefit from that run while getting up to 1400m is certainly a positive as well. (2) Ice Ice Baby should be ready to win now 3rd up where he has a good record while the drop in grade is another tick.
(4) Bold Hoi Hoi is the progressive one in this field where most have reached their ceiling. Happy to follow him in.
Think (4) Brownie is ready to go to a new level this time out following a consistently good last prep. She won three races in good fashion, including a dominant 3L win in this grade at Moonee Valley two starts ago. She should be speedy enough to lead from barrier 5 here and expect she can win and go on to tackle better races than this.
(2) Never Say Never looks the obvious danger and was a good winner on the heavy at Warnambool last time out. He’s unbeaten over 1000m and is hard fit now with two good runs under the belt this prep. (6) Mimosas tackled the Roman Consul first up last prep and was a bit outclassed there. Back in right grade now and Kah takes over. He can find form again.
Expecting (4) Brownie takes some running down here from a low draw and she will love getting back onto a good track.