The Valley will host night racing once again on Friday night in the ever-popular timeslot. There are nine races on the card and with no rain around once again the track will be a Good surface. Race 1 starts at 5:45pm (AEDT), with the last finishing a touch after 9:45pm. My four best bets of the night are below!
Moonee Valley Racing Tips: Friday November 17th 2023
Race 3: The Road To The Jericho Heat 2 - 6:45pm (AEDT)
(2) Mr Fabulous has drawn a touch wide in barrier 10 but was very good in winning at Wagga on a similar surface last start. The Maher&Eustace team have taken over the training and with a very good jockey in Will McCarthy on top, the gelding is sure to make his presence felt here. In his last couple of starts he has gradually made ground late and this is his toughest test yet with stepping up in distance.
(3) Guido from the in-form Mitch Freedman stable goes better on wet tracks but gets his second look at The Valley after running on fairly well for 6th last time.
(4) Sunday Buzz ran on and ran well at Caulfield last start and he has won at The Valley before.
(8) Will to Excel plugged away to 3rd behind our on top selection last start and with weight advantage could run well again.
(2) Mr Fabulous - Win
$2.80 (2 Units)
Race 4: Team Taylor Foundation Handicap - 7:15pm (AEDT)
(3) Lady Adelaide has Willow on again and he has ridden the horse to 2 placings previously, including one at this track. From barrier 7 she will go forward and try to control the tempo of the race. She hasn’t won in a while but is super fit now. Was 4th at Bendigo last time but it was a blanket finish.
(2) Let Fly should get a good run from barrier 2 and when she had the same barrier last start at Horsham she plugged away well for 3rd after being there most of the race.
(5) Aria Electra has won 3 from 9 on Good tracks and has run a 2nd over this distance previously.
(6) Champagne Sharon was one of the favourites and run well when 2nd here last start. Should go better for seeing the track again.
(3) Lady Adelaide - Win
$4.50 (1 Unit)
Race 5: Xtreme Freight Handicap - (7:45pm (AEDT)
(6) Mahrez was caught 3 wide with no cover last start when 3rd at Warrnambool and he will be fitter for that run because it was a first up run. In his only run over the mile at Hamilton it was a winning one and he led all of the way on that occasion. It will be interesting to see the tactics here but I think he should try and lead again.
(3) Awash came from off the pace to win at Swan Hill last start and before that he was a successful favourite at Pakenham. Big chance again.
(2) Whiskyontherocks was backed to win at Swan Hill last start and did after settling midfield. Likes the mile and has been freshened for this.
(5) Bannerton is fairly consistent and has the experience. Has placed 8 of 15 over this distance.
(6) Mahrez - Win
$4.40 (1 Unit)
Race 6: Simpson Construction Handicap - 8:15pm (AEDT)
(8) My Brothers Keeper has Willow on for the second time which should help him here. His record over this distance is quite good even though he has never won over it. He has placed on 3 occasions. He made up good late ground at Geelong when 3rd last start which should give connections confidence.
(9) The Genius got up by a nose when utilizing the inside barrier well at Kyneton last start. Has drawn wide this time (11) but has Kah on so loses nothing in the jockey ranks.
(4) Donatrice has won 4 from 12 on Dry tracks including one at The Valley.
(3) Cadmus was 2nd here last time when we tipped him and he should run in the top 4 in this. Does have 60kg again but should be better with another look at the tight circuit.
(8) My Brothers Keeper - E/W
$6.50/$2.35 (1 Unit)
The easiest way to place your Quaddie bet is to click on the BoomBet BetShare button below! This will add our Moonee Valley Quaddie selections straight into your BoomBet bet slip! You can then enter how much you wish to wager and with one click, your Quaddie has been placed!
Leg one: 3, 4, 8, 9
Leg two: 1, 3, 5, 7, 10
Leg three: 1, 2, 10
Leg four: 1, 9, 12