Ballarat will host midweek racing this week on a program which gets underway at 1:35pm (AEDT). Despite it not being the strongest meeting, there are still winners out there to be found. The first four races are maidens with gallopers running on a Good 4 surface during the afternoon.
Find our best bets for Ballarat below and make sure to head over to our Racing Tips page for more best bets on Wednesday!
Ballarat Racing Tips: Wednesday, November 15th 2023
Race 1: Evergreen Turf Maiden Handicap - 1:35pm (AEDT)
(3) Glowlight was a beaten favourite last start at this track and should improve on a drier track this time. She was pretty good 2 runs back and that was on a Dry track at Bendigo. Seeing Ballarat for the 2nd time will shop and Joe Bowditch knows this horse now after running 2 placings from 3 starts.
(5) Dreamzel is a first starter out of Deep Field/Live To Dream and has Blake McDougall on for her first start.
(7) Scarlett Thunder should lead from barrier 2 and if she can control it, she should run top 3. She isn’t the strongest so will want slow sectionals out front.
(6) Miss Gabbiano was smashed at Ballarat last start and ran poorly but has trialed well last week.
(3) Glowlight - WIN
$2.60 (3 Units)
Race 5: James Vac Solutions Handicap - 3:55pm (AEDT)
(1) Cape Doctor steps up in distance and it looks ideal because he has run home very well in his 2 starts to date. He won both races on Dry ground which he gets again and his winning time was good enough to win in midweek company.
(2) Big Story had no luck for Dan Stackhouse last start and might get a good sit just off the pace. His only win came on the Synthetic in good enough time.
(5) Monarchs Brae got too far back last start and became trapped when 10th. Michael Dee rides again and he has won on him before.
(8) Mister Businessman stormed home for 3rd at Warrnambool last start and has a lot of experience.
(1) Cape Doctor - WIN
$2.50 (3 Units)
Race 6: Hygain WInners Choice Handicap - 4:30pm (AEDT)
(3) Zaynudin is consistent and goes well on Dry tracks. From barrier 1 he led at Warrnambool last start and got tired over the last 50m. The extra 250m is a slight concern but he is fitter now and just needs a slow to even tempo out front.
(5) Omeo ran well at Mornington when runner-up last start and the distance rise looks ideal. Jamie Mott has won on him before and he should be top 3 again.
(6) Meinlas has come 3rd at Ballarat before and he should improve with his second look here.
(7) Apache Thunder is very fit now but hasn’t looked like winning of late. His fitness should help him finish amongst them here.
(3) Zaynudin - WIN
$3.20 (2 Units)
Race 8: Hygain Winners Choice 0-64 Handicap - 5:40pm (AEDT)
*Scratched* (13) Atlantic Spirit drops in class after running 8th in a Listed race at The Valley last start. She couldn’t get out up the straight and she does go pretty good on Good tracks. Allana Kelly knows her and has won on her before. Good odds.
(12) Zabeelist will get back from barrier 15 but has been running on strongly. Was fav and got the money at Bendigo last time.
(11) Celestial Harbour will settle handy and should be in this for a long time. Did trial poor last week though.
(10) Royal Invader is strong late but barrier 1 may be tricky for a backmarker here. He is 1 from 1 at Ballarat though.
(13) Atlantic Spirit - E/W
The easiest way to place your Quaddie bet is to click on the BoomBet BetShare button below! This will add our Ballarat Quaddie selections straight into your BoomBet bet slip! You can then enter how much you wish to wager and with one click, your Quaddie has been placed!
Leg one: 1, 2
Leg two: 3, 5
Leg three: 2, 8
Leg four: 10, 11