Wednesday racing returns to Sandown for the main midweek meeting in Victoria. Punters will be greeted with an eight-race card, with the first jump out expected at 3:40pm (AEDT), before the last event concludes the meeting at 7:30pm.
Find our best bets for Sandown below and be sure to head over to our Racing Tips page for more free tips from around the country this Wednesday!
Sandown Racing Tips: Wednesday 7th February
Race 2: 2024 Stud And Stable Staff Awards Hcp (4:15pm AEDT)
(8) Sparkling finds a suitable race on paper to make it two on the bounce, after saluting last start at Cranbourne and breaking her maiden status. Has the speed to race on terms and be competitive right to the line.
(1) Soar Beyond holds a firm grip on the market with early interest headed the way of the 3yo. Has been a touch out of sorts of late but wearing the favouritism banner you can’t discount her chances in this field.
(3) Brazen Kingdom resumes with a strong first up record at his mercy, along with an unrivalled track sense having not missed a placing here in a handful of runs. Can figure with an ounce of luck from the stall.
$4.00 (1 Unit)
Race 4: Sportsbet Fast Form (5:25pm AEDT)
*SCRATCHED* (1) Simeon straps up for this after winning on its home circuit last start for us at Cranbourne, hoping it can repeat the dose at a healthier quote this time around. The Gelding goes in as my on top selection again over the mile.
(2) Princeofcambridge may just relish the rise in trip here after showing signs it needed more in both of its last two runs at Geelong and Cranbourne respectively. Can figure here and give the O’Brien camp something to cheer.
(3) Aria Electra had the seas’ part perfectly for her last start to score around the Sale circuit. Apprentice jockey takes over here, pros and cons list can be attached to that with the claim and rider experience on either side of the equation.
Race 8: Sportsbet Bet With Mates (7:30pm AEDT)
*SCRATCHED* (1) Hey Fat Cat dragged us into the winner’s circle at Sandown, having had tipped her over this track and distance last start. Now chasing a hat trick, the 3yo looms as one of the better hopes across the meeting.
(2) Robrick presents narrowly on the second line of betting, hoping to spoil the party of its equally top weighted rival listed above. Will have every opportunity from the draw to put itself in a commanding position before they turn for home.
(4) Subsix is another runner searching for a pair of wins in as many outings this preparation, after knocking down the maiden door. More than capable of doing so under the watchful eye of Blake Shinn onboard, who’ll likely give it every chance in transit.