Eagle Farm hosts a 10-race card on Saturday with no feature race on the card. Race 1 starts at 1:13pm (AEDT), while the last concludes at 6:50pm. selections are for a GOOD track – rail is out 3m the entirety – watch and monitor if possible.
Check out Shannon Buckley’s best bets for Eagle Farm below, and be sure to head over to our Racing Tips page for more best bets from around the country this Saturday!
Feel the BOOM with BoomBet - a great choice for your newest sportsbook to try!
Eagle Farm Racing Tips: Saturday, February 3rd 2024
Race 3: Mount Franklin BM72 2118m - 2:23pm (AEDT)
(1) Aint He Grand $3.60: I think this bloke is absolutely flying and has run well in much tougher races than this without much luck. Three-back he took a while to warm up over 1846m in Class 1 grade at EF before eventually reeling in VICTORIA ROC to win. He then went to the TAB Wave in Open grade at the GC over 1800m and was forced back from a wide gate before coming very wide on the corner to beat all-bar ARTS OBJECT and ENCODER (made a sustained run / was strong through the line). LS he went to 2200m at the GC on a quick back-up in the GC MM Trophy, but he drew the car park and was forced back to last in transit. He had to weave a passage through the field and was good through the line beaten less than 3L. He draws a much nicer gate today and maps to settle closer in the run. If he can carry the weight, he’s very hard to beat.
(10) Artful Girl $4.40: I’m having a saver on this girl who also looks to settle a bit closer to the speed from a low draw. Three-back she was forced to make a mid-race move and sat OSL for the remainder before holding off all-bar SIR LORD (they beat the rest easily). She then went to the Doomben Shootout Quality over 2020m and was good behind PRINCESS RHAENYS when she copped a significant check down the straight (she did a great job to pick herself up and come again / did her best work late). She then went to BM65 grade LS over 2050m and was a dominant winner beating key rivals DEMARCAY and UNCOMMON VALOUR. She beats UNCOMMON VALOUR better at the weights after beating him and DEMARCAY had the run of the race while she was well-back and went straight past him. Looks a race in two.
Also Backing: 10) Artful Girl $4.40 (1 Unit)
(1) Aint He Grand
$3.60 (2.5 Units)
Race 4: Girls Day Out On Sale Now Hcp 1400m - 2:58pm (AEDT)
(3) Koruto $9.00/$2.70: best value runner of the day. Comes through a key form race behind CHAYSE N ARTIE over 1805m LS when he hit the front a fair way from home and was only nabbed right on the stick by said winner. He meets CHAYSE N ARTIE 1.5kgs better at the weights and only has to give CLYDE and FLEUR DE MONDE 1.5kgs and 1kg respectively (he beat home CLYDE by 3L and FLEUR DE MONDE by approx. 1.5L. Two-back he was excellent winning over the mile when he really surged late inside the final furlong to pick them all up. He draws a nice gate for young Molloy who has a decent association with the horse and the 1815m looks ideal for him. Overs.
(12) Fleur Du Monde $3.60: Favourite last start and took too long to wind up, but only finished 1.7L behind the winner. Meets some of the same horses again here, but gets 3kg off the back. Worth thought again.
(3) Koruto E/W
$9.00/$2.70 (1 Unit)
Race 8: Ladbrokes Blackbook Plate Class 3 1400m - 5:32pm (AEDT)
(1) Betcha The Crown $4.00: looks a great bet today. It was a sound return first-up over 1350m when conditioning looked to give way over the concluding stages which allowed the favourite, MIDNIGHT IN TOKYO, to get the better of him and win. He then went to 1400m LS and led them up on what looked to be a decent tempo before giving a good kick turning for home and just getting nutted by SUBSTANTIAL (who looks a smart type) in the last few strides. Draws a lovely gate for them to sit up on speed again in a race that doesn’t look to have a strong tempo, they’ve scratched him from the last race to run here, he arrives third-up and fitter, goes best on a dry track, set weights are favourable, stays at 1400m, and he still has upside. Should give us a sight.
(5) Rainbow Connection $5.00: terrific win second up at IPSWICH when back in grade. Will be fitter for the third up run now and will be coming late. Worth thought.
(1) Betcha The Crown
$4.00 (1.5 Units)