Rosehill hosts the Golden Gift and Five Diamonds on Saturday. Antino is the highlight of the day for mine as I’m keen to see how he performs up in Sydney off the back of a few unlucky 2nd placings in Melbourne. Big day, get around it!
And be sure to head over to our Racing Tips page for more best bets from around the country this Saturday!
Rosehill Racing Tips: Saturday November 11th 2023
Race 1: BM 78 HCP – 1800m (12:25 AEDT)
(9) Rise To It has won back-to-back races leading up to his run this weekend. Drawn the fence he should get every possible chance on the light weight and looks hard to beat.
(1) Touristic wasn’t as bad as it reads on paper for him last start and he can improve drastically here in an easier race.
(5) Spitfire has been ultra-consistent of late and could continue that good run of form from barrier 2 in this small field.
Race 2: BM 78 HCP – 2400m (13:00 AEDT)
(1) Caboche looks the obvious top selection here on form. He’s a class above these at his best which he should be close to heading into his 4th run of the preparation. A win is close.
(6) Speycaster goes down as the main danger under Tommy Berry. Gets 5.5kg on the favourite which could be the difference over the long distance.
(10) Loving Cilla changes colours here and is right down in the weights. Is a mare I’ve had my eye on lately so wouldn’t be surprised to see her bob up in this race.
(1) Caboche - Win
$3.70 (1 Unit)
Race 3: F&M BM 78 HCP – 1100m (1:35 AEDT)
(3) Spirit Queen has some super 3yo form from last preparation which should hold her in good stead as she warms into her prep as a 4yo. She’s drawn well for this race and was 2nd fresh. Expect a big performance.
(2) Dollar Magic was one I was keen on last start and she was just pipped at the post by Marnix up the inside rail. Good draw here and she gets her chance to go one better.
(5) Eagle Nest has been utterly dominant in 2 runs this prep. Steps up in grade but deserves the tougher assignment and looks as though she’ll handle it well.
(3) Spirit Queen - Win
$4.10 (1 Unit)
Race 4: HIGHWAY CLASS 3 HCP – 1400m (14:10 AEDT)
(11) Monte Outlander is flying. He deserves a crack at Highway company and looks the type that will absolutely relish this grade. This is a weaker highway as well so expect him to win or go close.
(7) Bantarki won with style last time and can get a solid run from barrier 1 on the weekend. No reason he can’t get in the finish but a few others will be hard to beat.
(15) Xeiby dominated last start from the front and ran away comfortably. He leads here again and with any leader bias on the day should be hard to run down.
Race 5: Midway Handicap – 1200m (14:50 AEDT)
(12) Shadows Of Love is a solid favourite in this although it’s a big field and the horse is a short price. He deserves to be at the top of the market and is the strongest winning chance but is too short to back.
(11) Sumo Star cruised to victory in a lead up trial and comes here 1st up. Can do something from the inside draw if it’s favourable on Saturday.
(1) Flying Destiny was poor on face value last time but has promised more with prior performances. If he regathers his older form he’s a formidable force in this race.
Race 6: James Squire Hot Danish Stakes – 1400m (15:30 AEDT)
(1) Royal Merchant is the clear top pick here. Was the best performance in the main lead up race and was slightly held up there to the eye. Can improve now 3rd up and maps well.
(4) Call Di is drawn well here and performed ok in the G2 Tristarc last start. She has Nash aboard so should get every chance.
(2) Roots also comes out of The Invitation last start. She wasn’t as good on face value as the favourite but could turn the tables if conditions are more favourable for her here.
Race 7: Inglis Golden Gift – 1100m (16:10 AEDT)
(5) Volatile is the best drawn of the 2-year-old’s in the market here and we all know how quickly young horses can improve between starts. The horse was in the market on debut and is a better price here so worth having a crack.
(4) Scampi was poor in the same G3 race on debut and was a short favourite there. The same applies as Volatile in that he can quickly improve now 2nd up to win or go close.
(1) Shangri La Express was the obvious horse to follow having won on debut coming into this race. He’s drawn wide but if he crosses and leads easily enough he’s hard to beat.
Race 8: Five Diamonds – 1800m (16:50 AEDT)
(3) Antino is a big chance here and could be shorter for mine. He’s absolutely flying being unlucky not to win his last 2 efforts. 1800m should suit and the barrier draw is perfect.
(12) Unspoken has won nicely all 3 starts so far this prep and has won up to 2000m so the rise in distance is still suitable for the horse. Main danger.
(7) Democracy Manifest stormed home last time and will do the same here from a wide barrier. His chances will be largely determined by the pattern of the day but he’s one to keep an eye on.
(3) Antino - Win
$3 (2 Units)
Race 9: Ranvet Handicap – 1400m (17:25 AEDT)
(1) Gringotts beat Fall For Cindy nicely last time and had to overcome a few obstacles. Poorer draw this time with 61kg but is super progressive and can win again.
(6) Mars Mission is the one with the gun draw here and won emphatically last time. Big rise in weight but can still win again.
(2) Atmosphere can lead the small field here which may favour him if the pattern of the day is suitable. A few others stronger on face value.
Race 10: Rosehill Bowling Club Handicap – 1200m (18:05 AEDT)
(4) Plundering trialled well leading up to his return and was racing well last prep. All signs point to a good return here and from a good draw I could make a case for favouritism.
(10) Gustosisimo is the up and comer in the race who is looking for a hat trick of wins. Light weight but will need to find a position from the inconvenient barrier draw.
(3) With Your Blessing returned nicely last start. Doesn’t boast a 2nd up record that is as strong but sets up well for this specific race. Expect him to be in the first few across the line.
(4) Plundering - Win
$4.65 (1 Unit)