Saturday racing in Sydney heads back to Rosehill for a strong off-season card at Rosehill. There are nine races across the afternoon with big fields and plenty of good betting opportunities.
The track is currently rated a good 4 with the rail position as follows:+8m 1500m-W/P, +5m. There is a fair bit of rain forecast for Friday and on race day so keep an eye on the weather as I’m certain we will see a few downgrades.
As always, Billy Bestford has cast his eye across the program and brings you his free horse racing tips, including best bets and race previews.
We're excited to welcome VicBet on board as our recommended horse racing betting partner. VicBet are an experienced on-track Australian bookmaker who have been online continuously since Jan 2005, the longest non-corporate in Australia. VicBet are a dedicated horse racing site providing a comprehensive range of racing markets, both domestic and International, across gallops, harness and greyhound racing. VicBet have a proven track record, so if you're looking for a new horse racing sportsbook that provide an old-school personal level of customer service, then check out VicBet today!
Rosehill Racing Tips: Saturday July 2nd
Think the Mitch Beer trained (9) Well In Sight looks a good chance here resuming today off the back of some nice trial work. Assuming the rain has come by now and we are on a soft-heavy track, I would expect she she shortens right up in the market. Bowman booked is a strong lead from the stable and she’s 1/1 first up. Looked smart in debut campaign winning three on the bounce then being tested in black type at Flemington. She is on the up.
(3) Shalstar is the early favourite but is yet to be tested on wet tracks. If we were on a good surface here I would be pretty keen because her first up win was super in a stronger race than this. She’s clearly got talent and could just be too good.
(5) Billabong Isle can improve 2nd up and looks a big price for mine. It was an encouraging fresh run from a horse who strung together three wins last prep.
(4) Barradas is in-form and handles wet ground. The stable generally don’t miss when they bring one to these highways and I think this horse can be charging over the top of them late from that wide draw.
Value: (5) BIllabong Isle - $28 (0.25 units)
(9) Well In Sight
$7.60 (1 unit)
(5) Shades Of Rose looks an exciting horse for connections, winning all three starts to date. Importantly she has proven herself to love wet ground and Tim Clark has ridden this horse to perfection up on the speed at the end of last prep. She has trialled well for her return and I suspect she can go on to win better races than this with that debut prep now under the belt.
I think (2) Hardware Lane looks a decent enough chance and has two wins on heavy tracks. He’s always shown a bit of ability and Mitch Beer has mentioned he’s probably the most talented horse he’s trained. Can get a nice sit off the speed and give a good sight.
(8) Petulant is another lighty-raced and super consistent type. She’s yet to miss the quinella in five career runs and is probably the most proven horse in this sort of grade. 3rd up now she is hard fit and ready to peak.
(10) Riva Del Sol looks the blowout and has been running very well this prep. At almost 50/1 she could sneak into the placings.
Also Backing: (2) Hardware Lane - $8.50 (0.5 unit)
(5) Shades Of Rose
$2.85 (2.5 units)
Third up and rising in trip looks a good recipe for success for (4) Per Inaway. She won first up on local debut with form out of that race having been very strong since. Was solid enough again last start but I think she’s hard fit now and the wet track might see her improve a length or two. Gets all the favours in running today for Bowman and I just think she could be the most progressive horse in the field.
(3) Sur La Mer is flying, winning two on the bounce after running a good 2nd first up. She’s up in grade again here but expect she can camp just off the speed from the inside draw and will be right in the finish once again.
(8) Riduna looks to get it all her own way out in front here and has been building nicely this prep. This is tougher than what she’s been goung around in but gets in nice and light and will be tough to run down.
(6) Steel Diamond was very popular first up off the back of some good trial work but just found wanting when the sprint went on. Hit the line hard there and expect she is a big improver here. Any rain will help her chances.
(4) Per Inaway
$5.00 (1 unit)
(14) Naval Seal is flying and gets well down in the weights for this off the back of a strong win this track/trip last time out. With just 51kg on the back, he is rock hard fit and has proven himself to handle wet conditions. Draws to get a nice run midfield and has really started to hit some form now. He is well bred and can continue to progress through the grades.
(6) Cross Talk looks hardest to beat if running here. Will go straight to the lead from the low draw and expect Tim Clark to give him every chance from there. 3rd up now he is near peak fitness and is flying this prep.
The rain is going to suit (2) La Chevalee who is a deadset swimmer and rarely puts in a bad run. Has had a little freshen up for this and on her best form she is right up to this grade.
(7) Knight could be a decent value chance here. Always is a strong chance up on the speed in these wet conditions and form around him last prep is strong.
(5) Wicklow was a good winner last start and could go on with it now. Just a hard horse to assess for mine because he seems to mix his form. Once he finds form though he can usually hold it. Looks primed for 1800m now.
(14) Naval Seal
$4.40 (1 unit)