It’s another big day of racing this Saturday at Morphettville, highlighted by the running of the Group 1 Furphy Goodwood. We’ll also see Dalasan return to Adelaide as he searches for another win at his favourite track.
The track is currently rated a soft 5 and perfect conditions are forecast so we will see perfect racing conditions. The rail position is as follows: +5m 1200m-W/Post, +3m 1800m-1200m, True Remainder.
It’s a cracking card throughout the afternoon and Billy Bestford has cast his eye across the meeting to bring you his best free horse racing tips and race previews to help you back some winners this weekend.
Best Bet: Race 7 (7) Dalasan
Morphettville Racing Tips: Saturday May 21st
(11) Extremely Lucky has been exactly the opposite of that this prep and certainly should have at least one win next to his name from the two runs so far. This looks much easier than what he has been contesting and clearly has plenty of untapped ability. From barrier 7 and Jamie Kah taking over, he will get every chance to atone for the luckless runs of late.
(4) Full Probe looks a big improver 2nd up where he has a decent record. Should get every chance to bowl along up on speed and tough to run down. Thought (2) Kenyan Wonder looked a big price considering the sort of races she tackled last prep. Obviously she needs to find her best form again but this is much easier and the freshen up should do her plenty of good. (1) Hypersonic would be next best in my numbers.
(11) Extremely Lucky
(4) See You In Heaven looks an exciting filly and has been dominant in her two recent wins with form stacking up behind her. The hose she beat comfortably last start has since come out and won the Sires Produce. Loves it here at Morphettville and can’t see them beating her.
(5) Aitch Two Oh looks progressive in her own right and has won three from four. If she runs 1200m she will be the big danger. Have to trust the placement of (11) As Time Goes By who tackles this on debut with Kah booked. Watch the market with her. If there is a blowout in the race I think it might come from (1) Wally West who has been very good at two career starts and can see him continue to improve.
(4) See You In Heaven
Very keen to back (7) Dalasan who is the class runner in this race and will be a big beneficiary of getting onto dry ground. Hardly disgraced at WFA level this prep on the wet Sydney tracks and his record here is top notch. Gets in really well here with 55kg.
(14) Excelida looks a good lightweight chance and is ready to run well at the mile after a couple of solid runs from the back of the field over shorter trips. Maps for a gun run with Jamie Kah taking the ride. (13) Belle Plasir looks the value runner in the race and has a win and a placing from three 3rd up attempts. Think it’s a pretty long tail to this race and Dalasan looks the one.
The feature race of the day sees an elite field go head to head in the 2022 Furphy Goodwood. I’m sticking solid with (19) Extreme Warrior who is an exciting colt for Price/Kent and did it well up on speed having first run after an extended break and setback. Will be so much better for that run now and down on 53.5kg looks hard to beat. Map might be a slight issue but if Kah can slot him in without much trouble I thik he will be winning. Gets his chance to add a group 1 to his name.
(2) Savatoxl won this race last year and was a super effort last start, improving 2nd up. Hard fit now and will be right in this. (8) The Astrologist will enjoy getting back to set weights here and drops a few kg’s on recent efforts in G1 grade. Looks one of the leaders drawn well and can take some running down. (1) Behemoth has had an up and down sort of prep but on his best form he is clearly hard to beat here. I think back up to 1200m now is a big tick for him and looks to get a great run in behind the hot speed.
(19) Extreme Warrior