Heat night at The Valley kicks of this Friday with the season finale set to be run in a month’s time. The makeup of the eight-race card will see the first event jump at 6:15pm (AEDT), before the gates open in the last at 9:45pm.
The meeting under lights is expected to be ran on a Good 4, with the weather tipped to remain firm up until the start of the program. Find Trent Callen’s best bets below to help build the bank prior to an action-packed weekend.
Moonee Valley Racing Tips: Friday 9th February
Race 4: Ladbrokes 55 Second Challenge Heat 11 (7:45pm AEDT)
(1) Wolflands draws the cherry in a race that is shaped by the barrier. Statistically speaking the 955m is favourable to a low gate and with the tight turning track of the Valley, it aids the chances of the top-rated horse even more so.
(4) Scuderia is eyeing off four on the bounce despite being a touch soft in the market after it drew the carpark. The 4yo Mare is still holding its rivals at bay with narrow favouritism honours, take on trust if you’ve been following.
(7) Flying On A Limb boasts a perfect record over this distance, he is however, yet to trouble the scorers over this track but you can imagine that it’ll only be a matter of time before a win is chalked up here at the Valley.
$4.80 (1 Unit)
Race 6: Musk Creek Farm (8:45pm AEDT)
(1) Holy Racket gains the nod here as my on top selection in an open affair. All roads point to a forward showing with the clock set to be tested under the whip of Craig Williams who earns the sit on its back yet again.
(2) Celestial Storm looms as a value play that might fly under the radar a touch amongst the 13-horse field. Blake Shinn will be piloting the Cranbourne trained Filly and with his incredible strike-rate here it may be one to circle in the form guide.
(1) Holy Racket
$5.20 (1 Unit)
Race 7: The Orbit Logistics Valley Sprint Series Heat 2 (9:15pm)
(11) Kusini jumps off the page for mine as a serious contender that should be right in the finish. The Ciaron Maher trained Mare will also have its chances of saluting in the penultimate boosted by the claim handed to the apprentice jockey.
(10) Extratwo bottled the start at both this track and distance late last month where she rounded out the field. Will be hoping to atone here and is plenty good enough if she can handle exiting the barrier safely this time around.
(9) Scully is at an attractive price point for those wishing to take the $7 odds currently on offer. Has hit winning form after walking away with the chocolates at Sandown last outing and can go on with it here at the Valley.
(11) Kusini E/W
$6.50/$2.35 (1 Unit)