Racing returns under lights at Moonee Valley for the second time in as many weeks. The first event on the eight-race card is set to jump at 6:15 (AEDT) with the last rounding at the meeting at 9:45pm. Trent Callen has done the form and provided his three best bets for the program below!
Moonee Valley Racing Tips: Friday, February 2nd 2024
Race 4: Rethink Reuse Rhima Hcp (7:45 AEDT)
(2) Genrichero justified the short quote last start at Mornington to win by nearly a length after sitting off the speed, mapped again to get a comfortable sit behind in transit over the mile and repeat the dose as the class horse in the field
(3) The Claiment on paper looks a serious threat after running into minor money in both of its last two starts. Will need to draw on an ounce of luck as it may only be beaten by the barrier here, but its form is hard to knock.
(5) Theodor has been searching for a race run to her suited tempo, with both of her last two efforts not panning out to her liking, especially at Geelong where they were backed up to a canter. Can figure here if things go her way.
$3.40 (1.5 Units)
Race 5: Pja Accountants & Business Advisors (8:15 AEDT)
(3) Staunch has been knocking on the door of a win after a handful of strong showings and a forgive run in between. Finds its sweet spot again in terms of distance range, expect the 5yo Bay Gelding to trim up in the market prior to jump.
(4) Flamin’ Romans currently sits on the third line of betting with the equal favouritism of two of its rivals edging it out only slightly. Expect the strong pedigree behind this C Maher trained Gelding to give us a good run for our money.
(6) Musgrave has the cup winning jockey on its back in Mark Zahra, boosting its chances of featuring late. Punters, along with connections, will be hoping it goes one better than its two narrow runners up at this track/distance over the holidays.
$5.50 (1 Unit)
Race 7: Labrokes 55 Second Challenge Heat 10 (9:45 AEDT)
(9) Satin And Silk is a pacy filly who can utilise the inside alley to great effect here around the tight turning Valley circuit. Expecting her to prove hard to beat if she can corner first under the whip of Blake Shinn.
(3) Dakota Lee returns to the track for the first time in two years and under new ownership, after parting ways with T-Gillett to join the McEvoy camp. Admittedly, a significant hiatus but the stars may just align for her to add to her formidable picket fence like record.
(1) Berry Bubbly holds some reason for consideration after drawing the cherry. Stats suggest the Cranbourne trained Mare is well within the mix and at the price it may be worth a dabble in an exotic type of play.
(9) Satin And Silk
$3.70 (1.5 Units)