Saturday racing returns to headquarters in Melbourne as Flemington hosts a cracking nine race card.
The track is currently rated a good 4 with the rail out 6 metres the entire circuit. We’ve got fine and sunny conditions forecast so it looks a great betting day on track where all horses should get their chance.
Billy Bestford has cast his eye across the meeting to bring you his best free horse racing tips and race previews to help you back some winners this weekend.
Flemington Racing Tips: Saturday May 21st
Best Bet: Race 6 - (18) Coolth
Pretty keen on (1) Brosnan who has been freshened up since tackling some very hot 2yo races to kick off his career. His best run to date was in the VRC Sires here at only his second start. He then went to Sydney and pulled up lame in the Sires Produce behind Fireburn. Things look back on track for him and expect he can break through in a much weaker field here today.
(15) Anphina was a good debut run on a very wet Warnambool track, making up ground behind an on-pace dominated race. Sure to improve here on dry ground and up to 1400m. (3) Amabutho probably should have won on debut when never really seeing clear air. Stack of improvement to come. (7) Amalgamation is well-related and has looked good at the jump outs.
(5) Star Patrol has won his two races this prep by a combined 12L and has run serious time in doing so. His Anzac Day win was as good as you will see beating a very handy group of horses. That win rated through the roof and clearly the sky is the limit for this horse. Expect they adopt similar tactics again, landing up on the speed and his turn of foot will be too strong. There’s plenty of hype building around him and I think he can continue to progress.
(13) Outback Action is another up and comer who bolted in last start in maiden grade. Expect he leads them here and with just 54kg on his back could be the main danger. (2) Crystal Bound is a winner this track/trip and should improve off the first up run. (7) Treporti is super consistent and has taken on some hot races. Looks the value.
Was on (18) Coolth last start and it was a very tough watch, seemingly bolting with no where to go. That was 2nd up off a very good fresh run and rising to 1800m now is even more suitable. He gains a start as an emergency following a couple of scratchings and looks the best on the card for mine. Looks to have come back airborne and deserves another win.
(7) Kinane might be back to some sort of form? Finished off really nicely last start at Sandown and 3rd up now he is ready to show something. (14) Worthily was beaten by a handy one last start and that was first up over 1700m. With that run under the belt I expect he improves a stack now.
(13) Tuvalu resumed with a very good win at Warnambool and he is such an easy horse to back with confidence. Puts himself up on speed and is so genuine, having not missed the quinella in all eight career runs. The only horses to beat him are I’m Thunderstruck and Gentleman Roy which is pretty good form for something like this. 53kg on his back will see him get every opportunity to run out a strong 1600m.
(15) Vitruivius is a strong danger and we have been on him both runs this prep where he has been enormous. 3rd up now he is ready and expect to see him flying from the back once again. (9) Proconsent ran 2nd to Tuvalu at Warnambool and that was a great return to the track. He’s even better 2nd up and the form around him in WA is strong.