Saturday racing in Melbourne heads back to headquarters for a strong nine race card at Flemington. The QLD winter carnival is just about over and the build up now begins as we look towards another brilliant spring carnival in Victoria. Racing today is highlighted by the Creswick Stakes where two of the more exciting horses in the country go head to head in Star Patrol and Passive Aggressive.
There’s been a bit of rain around in Melbourne the past week and we’ve been stuck with wet tracks recently. Flemington is currently rated a soft 5 however and looks to be only light showers forecast in the lead up to race day.
As always, Billy Bestford has cast his eye across the program and brings you his free horse racing tips, including best bets and race previews.
Pretty keen on the maiden horse (8) Anphina who caught the eye at just her second start when flashing home from well back in the field to run 2nd to Brosnan, who wasn’t disgraced in JJ Atkins last week. That was here over this trip in open grade and it was a very good run, with the late sectionals backing up the performance. Having 3rd start now she should be primed to win and barrier 7 will give Linda Meech room to get her to the outside to let rip.
(1 Atlantis Tycoon was impressive on debut when winning a good race at Caulfield over 1200m. She was caught wide there and had to do a bit of work but found plenty when needed. Off that effort 1400m should be no concern.
(3) Nothing Silly comes out of that same race and should have gone a lot closer than he did. Had no luck at a key stage and killed all momentum. That’s now two pretty good efforts since being gelded and he looks ready to win now 3rd up.
(4) Fairy Spirit is a bit of the unknown here and comes into this off two good Pakenham trial wins. Barrier 1 should see him every favour.
(9) Charming Di won well in maiden grade last time out. Next best.
The highlight race of the day where all eyes will be on two up and coming horses, both looking for their fourth consecutive win.
(1) Star Patrol goes on top for me and you just can’t help but get excited about a horse who’s doing what he has done this prep. Won his last three by a combined 14L, with two of those coming up the straight here. Clearly loves this track/trip and I think he can stamp himself as a spring contender following today. His wins this prep have rated through the roof and think he’s just a line-finder.
(8) Passive Aggressive will be a very strong danger and by the same token, he is also a horse to get excited about. Continues to work his way through the grades and ticked off the query about the straight last start. He’s won all three to date on soft tracks and if the rain comes he might have the advantage? The horse he beat comfortable last start came out and bolted in last week in Sydney. How good is she?
(6) I Am Me looks a touch over the odds considering what he has done to date. Strung three good wins together, including a dominant one here up the straight over 1100m. He started $3.70 in stakes grade last start at Scone, finishing 4th in a very strong field. Can bounce back.
(5) Pascero resumes and it was a brilliant debut prep from him. Won two in a row before very nearly winning the CS Hayes at third start, nosed out by Pinstriped. Took on the Aus Guineas at end of prep. Clearly good enough but these might have him covered over this trip.
(4) Karacasu was dominant over 1200m in Adelaide last start, racing away for a strong 4L win. He took on some hot races before that and the stable generally do well when they bring one to Mlebourne.
Been waiting for (6) Oceana Blue to get out to this sort of trip after they dropped her back to the mile last time out. She was very good there following an equally as strong fresh run, hitting the line well on both occasions. Screaming out for 2000m now and she just looks right on track to peak here.
(10) Rock Up jumped odds on having first start in Aus for Patty Payne and ran accordingly. That was an impressive win and I think he could have a bit of scope to improve off that. Straight out to 2000m he looks like he will eat it up.
(1 Commander Harry gets the blinkers on here and should run well at an EW price. Pulled up with Heart issues two back and then stuck on well over this track/trip last start. He’s got some strong form around him and should be right in this.
(3) Natural Mystic won first two starts then started favourite here over this trip where he had no peace up front and did plenty of work early. That told late and the horses from the back were suited. In a smaller field from a good draw he can get every favour today.
(2) Bigolino has been swimming through the heavy tracks lately and deserves a crack in this sort of grade now. Stable is airborne.
Value: (10) Rock Up - $14 (0.25 units)
(2) Express Pass looks very well placed here and while he has to concede weight to the field, there is a reason for that. Loves the Flem straight and very nearly won a Stakes race first up here last prep. Finished less than a half a length off Malkovich and Brooklyn Hustle there. His best runs come first up and I like him drawn wide away from the traffic through the middle. Think he is just a class above these.
(8) Zorro’s Dream is another who loves the straight and went within a nose of knocking off Express Pass here last prep. Gets well down in the weights for this and back up to 1100m should be ideal.
(11) Zac De Boss drops 5.5kg following a very good win here last time out. He will race up on speed and no doubt could give them something to run down.
(3) Sartorial Splendour is better than what he produced last prep. If you can forgive those efforts then he has to be right in this. Super speedy on his day and flies first up. Form around him is strong.
Round 16 in the AFL gets underway on Thursday night with another blockbuster between two top eight teams as the Brisbane Lions host the Western Bulldogs from the Gabba. The action continues on Friday night with a big clash between the Blues and the Saints. read more
We are back in action at Flemington this Saturday for another great day of racing. Nine races on the card and Billy Bestford has focused in on his best bets including race previews for the day. read more
Friday night footy presents an interesting clash in Round 16 as the Saints take on the Blues from Marvel Stadium. Andy Rosos has you covered with his full preview and betting tips for the clash here. read more
With the amount of sports betting tipsters out there, you’d think that everyone was getting rich off the bookies but the truth is far from it. Be careful before diving into any paid tipping subscription and keep in mind the following truths about tipsters. read more
With the 2022 NRL season kicking off on Thursday night between the Panthers and Souths, the best Australian sports betting sites are on board with some NRL promos for Round 1 action. Check out the best NRL Round 1 promos here. read more
Following on from our article on 5 tips to avoid getting banned from an online sportsbook, here are a few more tips to help prolong your bookie shelf life and keep your sports betting account running as long as possible. read more
The art of the head-to-head tip in the AFL is one that can often get lost amongst the wide range of betting markets now available to punters online. However, we are dedicated to providing you with all of the tools you need to take out your office footy tipping competition, so check out our 2022 AFL Tips here! read more
The AFL injury list is constantly evolving week by week and throughout the 2022 season, we'll be doing our best to provide you with AFL injury updates for yoru club before the start of every round. Check out the current AFL injury list for 2022 here. read more
The Brownlow Medal is the highest individual honour in the great game of AFL, and it's one of the best events to bet on for sports betting punters. What other event can you bet on AFTER the race is already run? Make sure Brownlow night is a profitable one with our rolling 2022 Brownlow leaderboard and Brownlow vote predictions for every round. read more
The NRL season is just around the corner and the top teams in the league have already started to settle into their places in the market for the premiership title! Once again this year, we will be providing the premiership odds for the NRL, which will be updated at the conclusion of every round. read more
The NRL season is just around the corner. The first game of the year sees the Panthers hosting the Sea Eagles in a Thursday night game on the 10th of March! There is plenty of interesting matchups to look foward to throughout the season, and you can see them all in our full 2022 NRL Fixture here. read more
|Unibet Australia||JOIN NOW|
|Bet Right||JOIN NOW|
|Betfair Australia||JOIN NOW|