Group 1 racing in Queensland this Saturday continues at Eagle Farm where there is a huge ten race program. All eyes will be on race 9 as the 3yo fillies go head to head in the Queensland Oaks.
The track is currently rated a good 4 and finally the weather looks like we are in for a beautiful day of racing. Fine and sunny conditions are predicted leading up to and on race day so Eagle Farm should look a treat come Saturday.
Billy Bestford has cast his eye across the meeting to bring you his best free horse racing tips and race previews to help you back some winners on a great day of racing.
Eagle Farm Racing Tips: Saturday June 4th
(6) Palladas is an extremely hard horse to follow considering the amount of bad luck he has copped recently. He doesn’t do himself many favour with racing pattern but today looks like a much better setup in running. From a good draw he can be forward enough to take luck out of the equation. Rarely runs a bad race and the late splits last start were encouraging.
(7) Francesco Guardi will be the danger and should benefit from the fresh run. No doubt he is still better over further and think he might just need one more run.
(11) See Marie flies fresh and went to a new level last prep. Like the booking of Berry from the stable and if she gets any luck from the draw I think she’s right in this.
$3.10 (1 Unit)
Short and sweet but (10) Political Debate should be winning this. He’s still a maiden and just had the two starts to his name but is currently the JJ Atkins favourite in betting and clearly he has a huge amount of talent. You couldn’t have missed his flashing finish in the Champagne Classic last start and I think getting onto dry ground from a good draw will make him very hard to beat. Up to 1500m now looks ideal and Jmac in the saddle I expect this horse to win here and then go on to be very hard to beat in the JJ.
I like (1) Liberty Steps getting out to 1500m now and he has shown good talent early on in his career. Barrier 17 did him no favours last start and from a nice draw today he will be prominent in the run.
Finding a dry track might be the key for (12) West Of Africa who got back last start and ran on well in the Ken Russell. With that run under the belt now expect him to be a big improver.
(4) Sandpaper is the one at odds who can run a race and Godolphin are airborne at the moment. Getting a dry track is a big positive for him and we might see his best now.
(10) Political Debate
$2.10 (3.5 units)
(5) Shooting For Gold looks a cracking bet here. The dry track is the key and has had a little freshen up since last start. Another big tick is the fact he loves racing here at Eagle Farm with three wins from 5 starts, As many have mentioned before this track takes a bit of getting use to and it is a big benefit to know how to race well here. Think the leaders will go hard up top and we can see this guy finishing strongly down the outside.
(2) Baller won this race last year and is primed 3rd up now. He is another who will enjoy getting away from the bog tracks and no doubt on best form he will be right up to this.
(1) Kemenatri obviously has to go in and is the class horse here. He’s just impossible to catch for me and I think he might want it a touch wetter.
Can forgive (9) Babylon Berlin last start when just too far out of her ground. She’s usually further forward in running and expect she can take a nice spot behind the speed today and turn her form around.
(3) Niccanova is in very good form, finishing half a length off Soxagon and Alligator Blood in the BRC Sprint last week. On the quick backup here has to be respected.
(5) Shooting For Gold
$8.00 (1 unit)
From a gun draw I’m going to tip the progressive (12) Aravene who has been dominant at her last two wins in Melbourne and Sydney. No doubt this is a huge step up but I think she’s up to it and just looks to get every favour in the run today. Off the back of how strong she was though the line last start 2200m should be no issue at all and we don’t really know how high the ceiling is with her? Exciting!
Have to throw something on (3) Glint Of Hope who has been a good horse to me this prep. Broke through to win the G1 Australasian Oaks last start over 2000m and she will stay all day. She’s proven herself in some of the better staying races down south.
(1) Barb Raider will be forward in the run as always and makes her own luck. Was super tough last week when finding under pressure to win and no doubt the stable will have her cherry ripe to go again. Craig Williams has a great association with this horse and will get the best out of her once again.
2) Gypsy Goddess deserves favoritism and no knock on the talent she has. Just not sure about the draw and where she will get to in the run. The way this track is set up she could be stranded wide very early if they go forward. If they go back then it might be a repeat of her last few runs?
(14) Smirk will be primed by Waller and just get the feeling she can pop up and win this. Took it right to Barb Raider last week who is $6 here? Looks over the odds for mine and is ready to peak now.
(9) Dynasties beat Gypsy Goddess two back then was a big dlop last time out. What do you do with her now? Getting onto a dry track might suit and Jmac to ride is an interesting lead.
Value: (3) Glint Of Hope - $15 (0.25 units) & (14) Smirk - $23 (0.25 units)
$5.10 (1 unit)
(2) Ingratiating can regain some of his best form 2nd up now and getting onto dry ground. He is a group class horse on his day but has just been struggling of late. There looks a huge amount of speed here and I think Nash can a weave a way through to see him exploding over the top of them.
(6) Arantee has been uper impressive at first two runs this prep then hardly disgraced behind Ranch Hand in open grade last time out. Back to 1200m suits and is a winner this track/trip. He’s still on the up.
(3) Atherlric is in great form and goes in search of a fourth straight win here. Handles all conditions and maps to be out the back and running on strongly once again.
(14) Putontheredlight is another who can improve onto dry ground. She’s still very lightly raced and 3rd from a spell is ready to peak.
$6.00 (1.5 units)