The Queensland winter carnival continues at Eagle Farm this Saturday with a cracking nine race program. The day is highlighted by two group 1’s as the Stradbroke Handicap takes centre stage alongside the JJ Atkins for 2yos.
Brisbane has had perfect weather all week which means we will be racing on a good 4 with perfect conditions forecast for race day.
As always, Billy Bestford has cast his eye across the program and brings you his free horse racing tips, including best bets and race previews.
Think (4) Kubrick was a sneaky good run last week over 1500m, running the fastest L200 of the race outside the winner. Was held up at a crucial stage there as well and loved the way he picked up late through the line. 3rd up now out to the mile on the quick backup looks a winning recipe to me.
(3) Bigboyroy was back to his front-running best last start and might be able to get his own way again here. Drops back to 1600m for this which might be some query?
(8) Charmmebaby is ticking along nicely this prep and looked the winner up the straight last week. Just found one better there but fitter now and mile suits. Willo sticks.
(1) Scallopini drops out of the Kingsford Smith for this much easier task. Cracking 3rd up record and might just be too good for these.
(7) Bullfinch next best.
Hard to be against (3) Huetor who comes into this off an impressive Doomben Cup win beating Zaaki. Three starts 2000+ in Australia have seen him win all three and he looks primed for this 2200m trip now. Not sure how any from that race can turn the tables on him and I like him drawn out. Can be charging home down the outside late.
(12) Criaderas is a nightmare horse to back with his racing pattern but I thought he was very good last start. Ran the fastest L200/400/600 of the entire meeting there and now 4th up out to 2200m I just get the feeling we could see something?
(9) Maximal was very good finally getting on top of the ground in the Doomben Cup. Ran on very strongly behind Huetor and beat home Zaaki. Looks ready to peak.
(1) The Chosen One was bolting up the straight I. The Doomben Cup with no where to go. He’s a proper G1 stayer and can’t be counted out.
Value: (12) Crideras - $41/$9.50 (0.25/.75 units)
The 2yos go head to head here chasing G1 glory over 1600m in the JJ Atkins. It looks a cracking installment with equal favourites Sharp N Smart and Politcial Debate squaring off again after last week’s nail biting finish.
I have to stick with (4) Political Debate who dug very deep to win last week. Sat wide for most of the race there and hit the lead very early yet managed to cling on in the tightest of finishes. Just think he still has the most upside of any in this race and Jmac looks to get a gun trail from barrier 9 today.
If there’s one at double figures who could win it might be (9) Owen County. Couple of serious wins from his three starts down in Sydney and he might be even better onto a dry track. Looks like he will eat up 1600m.
(10) Sharp N Smart looked to have won last week live but was beaten by the narrowest margin on the post. Clearly is very progressive and quite possibly could turn the tables on PD. His only career win came two back over this trip. Draws very well in gate 5.
(16) Sheeza Belter was dominant last start in the Sires and hard to see anything out of that racing turning the tables. Three wins from six and only missed the trifecta once, she clearly is talented and might be ready to go to the next level now.
Also Backing: (9) Owen County - $11 (0.5 unit)
This Stradbroke field is a belter and is wide open. Think there are a couple great value chances here and will be specking a few in the race.
(11) Ayrton is the one horse in this field who i think is yet to reach their ceiling. Has some X factor about him and the fresh win was dominant. Lame last start so can forgive and can guarantee he’s cherry ripe for this. Might need some Kah Magic from out there but he could just blow them away.
I’ve got a soft spot for (15) Isotope and I think he’s building nicely for this. Got going late in the Kingsford Smith and 1400m looks ideal now. Down on 52.5kg he’s going to be charging late. Finally draws a gate!
Could be right off the mark but (7) Emerald Kingdom looks a big price. He ran straight past Kingsford Smith winner Apache Chase two back and then was caught wide in that race, still only finishing less than 2L off them. Loves this track/trip and is a two-time winner when 4th up. Just looks over the odds.
(3) Apache Chase looks to get a gun run up on speed once again from a low draw. Drops 4.5kg for this and no doubt will be tough to run down. Might have a bit more pressure here though.
(4) Eleven Eleven flew home in the Kingsford Smith and loves 1400m. He’s ready to win and obviously is trending in the right direction. Just never been one of mine and can’t get near him at $5.
(5) Alligator Blood was back to some sort of form last start, very nearly winning BRC Sprint. He was wide there and did well to finish so close. Could be back?
Also Backing: (15) Isotope - $13 (0.5 unit) & (7) Emerald Kingdom - $46/$10 (0.25/0.5 units)
Think (15) Najmaty looks the best of the day here and looking forward to seeing her rising to 1300m 3rd up. She’s been dominant this prep and has been loving getting back onto these dry tracks. She is well and truly back to her best and should be at peak fitness now. Eagle Farm suits her so well giving her plenty of room to wind up and let rip down the outside. That win last start was impressive and she was one of the few horses who made ground that day.
(10) Letzbeglam is ready now 4th up and back against the girls should be much more suitable. She had to take an inside run last start in the inferior ground and that Baller form looks very good for a race like this.
(6) Salateen was good 2nd up behind Najmaty and looks to be trending in the right direction. She’s smart on her day and is proven over 1300m. Not sure she can turn the table but expect she’s right in the finish.
(11) Tycoon Evie could be the one at a price that runs well. She was a very good run fresh when finishing hard over the concluding stages, running home in some slick sectionals. She’s much better 2nd up and has four wins from eight starts at the track.
(3) Written Beauty is going very well this prep and expect 4th up we will see her charging late.
Value: (11) Tycoone Evie - $20 (0.5 unit)
Round 16 in the AFL gets underway on Thursday night with another blockbuster between two top eight teams as the Brisbane Lions host the Western Bulldogs from the Gabba. The action continues on Friday night with a big clash between the Blues and the Saints. read more
We are back in action at Flemington this Saturday for another great day of racing. Nine races on the card and Billy Bestford has focused in on his best bets including race previews for the day. read more
Saturday racing heads to Rosehill for a strong nine race card, potentially in some wet weather. Billy Bestford is back once again to bring you his best bets and race previews from Rosehill for the afternoon. read more
NRL Super Saturday is back! With it comes this NRL Betting Preview of all 3 games on a blockbuster night of action. As always, Scooby has you covered with his best bets for all three games here read more
With the amount of sports betting tipsters out there, you’d think that everyone was getting rich off the bookies but the truth is far from it. Be careful before diving into any paid tipping subscription and keep in mind the following truths about tipsters. read more
With the 2022 NRL season kicking off on Thursday night between the Panthers and Souths, the best Australian sports betting sites are on board with some NRL promos for Round 1 action. Check out the best NRL Round 1 promos here. read more
Following on from our article on 5 tips to avoid getting banned from an online sportsbook, here are a few more tips to help prolong your bookie shelf life and keep your sports betting account running as long as possible. read more
The art of the head-to-head tip in the AFL is one that can often get lost amongst the wide range of betting markets now available to punters online. However, we are dedicated to providing you with all of the tools you need to take out your office footy tipping competition, so check out our 2022 AFL Tips here! read more
The AFL injury list is constantly evolving week by week and throughout the 2022 season, we'll be doing our best to provide you with AFL injury updates for yoru club before the start of every round. Check out the current AFL injury list for 2022 here. read more
The Brownlow Medal is the highest individual honour in the great game of AFL, and it's one of the best events to bet on for sports betting punters. What other event can you bet on AFTER the race is already run? Make sure Brownlow night is a profitable one with our rolling 2022 Brownlow leaderboard and Brownlow vote predictions for every round. read more
The NRL season is just around the corner and the top teams in the league have already started to settle into their places in the market for the premiership title! Once again this year, we will be providing the premiership odds for the NRL, which will be updated at the conclusion of every round. read more
The NRL season is just around the corner. The first game of the year sees the Panthers hosting the Sea Eagles in a Thursday night game on the 10th of March! There is plenty of interesting matchups to look foward to throughout the season, and you can see them all in our full 2022 NRL Fixture here. read more
|Unibet Australia||JOIN NOW|
|Bet Right||JOIN NOW|
|Betfair Australia||JOIN NOW|