Racing in Sydney this Wednesday takes place at Warwick Farm where there are seven races across the day.
The track is currently rated a heavy 10 with the rail in the true position. There’s not too much rain on the forecast so we could possibly see an upgrade but I would expect we are still in the heavy range come race time.
Billy Bestford has cast his eye across the meeting to bring you his best free horse racing tips and race previews to help you back some winners on a great day of racing.
Warwick Farm Racing Tips: Wednesday May 31st
Big field and many unknowns but (5) Kibou is an exciting prospect. He resumes to the track today having first start since being gelded and has looked extremely sharp winning his two recent trials. The latest of those by 5L on a heavy surface. Started $5 in the Breeders Plate on debut against Sejarden and the top-line 2yos so clearly have to respect that SP. From a good draw he should sit handy enough and will be going close.
(8) Secret Revolution is another who took on some hot 2yo races in debut prep. Resumed on the Kenso track over 1100m where he finished 3rd. That was a solid return and expect he will be much fitter for that and can improve.
(15) Operative looks a smart 2yo for Waller and the stable are usually good at producing one at this time of year. Won a recent heavy track trial by 3.5L with Jmac in the saddle. He retains the ride today and expect will run well.
Stable has taken their time with (18) Cappelletti having had four trials dating back to November last year. The most recent two have been very solid work, winning both and clearly he looks ready to run well on debut.
$3.50 (1 Unit WIN)
(5) Park Avenue was an impressive winner last start at Scone and he loves wet tracks. Racing pattern is likeable and takes luck out of the equation, especially on these heavy tracks where it is tough to make ground. Blinkers on today and he will be the one they have to run down.
(7) Revivalist gets a bit of weight relief following an impressive win at Newcastle last start. That was over 1200m and expect this horse looks ready for the rise in trip now. All his best runs have been on rain affected ground.
(9) Finepoint will be popular with Jmac in the saddle and is lightly raced for Chris Waller. Was good in this grade first up and will be fitter for that run. If he handles the conditions he will be tough to beat.
(4) King Of The Castle could be the blowout chance.
(5) Park Avenue
$5.50 (1 Unit WIN)
(10) Petulant is lightly raced and looks promising. Has won two from three starts with both wins coming on wet ground. A recent trial was impressive and he clearly has scope to continue to improve. William Pike rode him in that trial and sticks for the ride today. From a good draw he can go forward and will be tough to run down.
If there is a horse who can run him down it might be (1) Never Second. Has to carry the big weight but is a much better horse 2nd up and has been competitive in these sorts of races. Started $5.50 against Rule Of Law last prep and the wet track today will not worry her
(11) Sneaky Paige is a good wet-tracker and can sprint well fresh. The draw is the query for her but with any luck she will be right in this.
(3) Quiet Riot has a few runs under the belt this prep and race fitness might be a key advanatge come this time of the day with the heavy conditions. 4th up now he is ready to win.
$2.20 (2 Units WIN)