It’s another Wednesday which means we have some quality midweek racing to get stuck into. Sandown plays host to an eight race card in Melbourne while Warwick Farm takes centre stage in Sydney with seven races on the program.
We had a good result with a few winners from last week’s preview so lets hope we can continue the good form today. The weather roles have seemingly reversed this week with rain forecast throughout Melbourne while Sydney has had a few rare days of sunshine.
As usual, Billy Bestford has had a look across all the meetings and has found his best bets for the day.
Today's Racing Tips: Wednesday July 27th
Warwick Farm R2
(3) The Milkybar Kid has progressed through the grades in dominant fashion this prep and will go in search of a 4th straight win here. Was again an easy winner at this track in heavy conditions (albeit in a two horse field). He goes forward, handles the conditions and I see no reason why he can’t continue on an upward trajectory here today. He’s won his last two in this grade by a combined 9.5L.
Up in trip now 3rd up looks a good recipe for (6) Tidal Creek who should be near enough to peak fitness now. Nash sticks for the ride and this horse has proven he enjoys heavy tracks.
Looks a genuine enough speed in this race, especially for a stayers race and that should suit (4) Black Queen. She drops out of Saturday grade for this and Jmac takes over which are all big ticks. She can regain some of her best form now.
(2) Marakopa drops out of a strong bm90 behind a dominant winner over 2600m. He has had a little freshen up for this and can run very well.
(3) The Milkybar Kid
$2.50 (2 units)
Think (1) Zipping Boy just picks himself here off the back of a huge fresh effort at Caulfield in similar grade. He was trapped three wide the trip there and kept finding in the straight to be grabbed on the line. The other on-speed horses in the race finished at the back of the field so he has gone enormous. 2nd up with a good 3kg claim I expect he goes to the lead and stays there. Unbeaten at two runs here.
(6) Mckeever will get back and is sure to flash home late in a race with plenty of speed. Has been consistent this prep without winning and I think he is suited dropping back to 1000m.
(4) Twist Of Fury might find this a touch easier than what he contested at Flemington last start. Expect he leads this field up and will improve getting onto wetter conditions.
(1) Zipping Boy
$2.40 (3.5 units)
(3) Saint Tropez was having his first start for two months when strong through the line over this track/trip. Sure to take a stack of improvement from that and he has a very godo record on heavy tracks. Craig Williams takes over today and I think this horse has a fair bit of upside compared to a few main rivals today.
(6) Hanaady was a real eye catcher when winning last start over 1600m. That was her first try at the trip and looks have settled in well now in Australia. She may have turned the corner now and could progress onto better races following this.
(5) Big Brew loomed like the winner last start before peaking on the run late. He’s a super horse on wet tracks and rarely runs a bad race.
(1) Kiss Me If You Can is flying, winning three of last four and very nearly made it four on the bounce here last start. Expect he can probably lead these up and will prove tough to run down hard fit now.
(3) Saint Tropez
$4.00 (1 unit)
Warwick Farm R6
(5) Flower Moon is 3/3 on heavy tracks and has been super consistent winning two from three this prep. She will roll forward and gives herself every chance up near the speed in these conditions. Jason Collett rode her to perfection last start and can repeat the dose again here. Happy to have something on her in an open race.
(7) Transplant was heavily backed last start and she looked the winner halfway up the straight before peaking on the run. With two runs under the belt now she looks ready to win while mapping for an economical run throughout.
(3) Belle Espoir is probably worth another chance when she never looked comfortable last start at Rosehill. The win before that was dominant and she drops in grade now for this.
(4) Don’tforgetmonica looks the best value chance.
(5) Flower Moon
$6.50 (0.5 unit)