Another Wednesday means some good midweek racing to get us over the hump. Theres a seven race card at Warwick Farm and a good meeting at Caulfield to get stuck into.
Billy Bestford has had a look across both meetings and has found his best bets for the day.
If you'd like even more detail, then head to our dedicated racing site Racing Bet, where we have analysis for the key race meets of the day, as well as odds comparison, video previews and betting strategies.
Horse Racing Tips: Wednesday, January 12th
Warwick Farm Race 1
(3) Publicist was solid when resuming having his first start since being gelded. Should take a stack of improvement out of that and no doubt he'll enjoy getting out to 1400m for the first time.
Warwick Farm Race 3
(1) De Grawin went very close to beating the smart Dragonstone first up off a long break, when that horse ran her down in the shadows of the post. She's much better suited with rain affected ground and her 2nd up record is good. Back in grade for this and a repeat of the first up run would see her extremely hard to beat.
Warwick Farm Race 7
(6) Lepreezy looks ready to win now 4th up and having 3rd start down in Sydney for the new stable. Beat home some smart horses last start and I think she only needs to take natural improvement from that to be competitive here. Will be forward in running and has a good fitness edge on a few key rivals here.
Caulfield Race 6
(2) Gentleman Roy has won two on the bounce this prep and looked very good in doing so. Is a horse who is clearly on the up and his sectionals out of the last start were impressive. He’ll lead again from the barrier and I can’t really see a reason why he won’t be winning again. Don’t think rising to the mile will be any issue off the back of his tough last start win.
Caulfield Race 8
(5) Kentucky Casanova is a promising type, with two wins and two thirds from the four career starts. Dominant fresh before tackling the straight for the first tim where he did well to finish 3rd in a pretty strong rating race. Only goes up 1kg on that run which was a strong bm70 and is back in grade now for this easier affair. Will enjoy getting back round a bend and from barrier 3 he will see a gun run.
(5) Kentucky Casanova