We’ve got a massive day of racing all around the country today with quality meetings at Rosehill, Caulfield and the Gold Coast to get stuck into. Billy Bestford has cast his eye across the meetings and has found his best bets to help you have a fill up this Saturday.
If you'd like even more detail, then head to our dedicated racing site Racing Bet, where we have analysis for every race from Caulfield and Rosehill, as well as odds comparison, video previews and betting strategies.
Horse Racing Tips: Saturday, January 8th
Caulfield Race 1
(4) Philosopher has looked the part at a couple of jumpots and was an $800,000 purchase. You’d expect the stable and connections have high hopes for this 2yo and he’s bred to be very good. If he can translate that jumpout form to race day I’d expect him extremely hard to hold out here.
Gold Coast Race 2
(2) Sir Rocket has been in flying form this prep, winning three of five and only just missed last start over 1000m. Looks better suited up to 1200 now and is unbeaten from two tries at this track and trip. Will be up on speed and is proven in all conditions so if the rain hits he should be fine.
Rosehill Race 6
(1) Rule Of Law looks to be a new horse since being gelded, winning two on the bounce this prep in very good fashion. Goes forward, gets a good claim and you know exactly what you'll get from him here again. Handles all conditions and he looks very well on the up.
Rosehill Race 9
(2) Zegalo looks well placed here and is ready to win now 4th up following a couple of good runs this prep. Was heavily backed last start and made up a stack of ground from the back of the field in tight room from. 2/2 on heavy tracks and won't get a better chance to break through than today.
Rosehill Race 10
(5) Tycoonist is a swimmer and has looked very good this prep. Put them away in a matter of strides last start and while he rises 2.5kg on that, this looks no harder. Third up he's hard fit and should see a perfect run.