Doomben hosts a 10-race card on Saturday with no feature race on the card. Race 1 starts at 1:13pm (AEDT), while the last concludes at 6:50pm. rail is out 0.5m the entirety – selections are for a GOOD/SOFT track with showers predicted – watch and monitor for any pattern if possible.
Find Shannon Buckley’s best bets for Doomben below, and be sure to head over to our Racing Tips page for more free tips from around the country this Saturday!
Doomben Racing Tips: Saturday, February 10th 2024
Race 3: Drinkwise 2000m BM85 - 2:23pm (AEDT)
(2) Koruto $6.50/$2.35: we were with him LS and he got the job done. I can’t see why he won’t run well again today and we’re getting a decent price to find out. He was off the bit a long way from home LS and wanted to lay in down the straight, but when he balanced up he really surged late and was clearly the best horse home. That was over 1815m, so the extra furlong looks ideal to my eye. Apprentice Jake Molloy retains the ride and gets him in just above the limit which is a bonus. Draws a nice gate but will likely give them a head start (always a query). If he can transfer his recent Eagle Farm form to Doomben, he can win. Watch for him late.
(6) Tony Be $19/$4.00: Roughie of the field who was well supported last start, but was found to have been dehydrated post run. Happy to forgive there and takes on similar horses again here, but we are seeing big odds. Rock hard fit now and worth thought at big odds.
(2) Koruto E/W
$6.50/$2.35 (1 Unit)
Race 7: Sky Racing 1200m BM85 - 4:47pm (AEDT)
(7) Crazy train $6.00/$2.15: looks another nice e/w play in QLD. It was a sound return first-up when running third to HATCHET (since went to a $1m race at the Gold Coast and subsequently ran third to HEROIC MISS) when she beat home RAINBOW CONNECTION (since won). She then went to 1200m at Eagle Farm and beat all bar EMPEROR after being held-up at a crucial stage (ties in with key rival MAHBABY). She gets weight relief today and meets MAHBABY 2.5kgs better off after beating her home. Third up today, she’ll be hitting peak fitness, has a good record at the track, handles the cut out of the ground and draws OK for an in-form stable. She’s another who tends to get back in her races, but there looks enough speed on paper to give her a genuine chance. Go well.
(5) Northern Express $3.60: Favourite who has been well backed in the early market and that is warranted after his handy first up win in open class. Can only be fitter and 1200m looks okay now. Nice second up form and worth thought.
(7) Crazy train E/W
$6.00/$2.15 (1 Unit)
Race 8: XXXX 1600m BM78 - 5:27pm (AEDT)
(14) Last Chance Saloon $5.00: looks a progressive type who still has upside and I’m happy his way at the price. ANYTHINK GOES is a clear danger but I think they should be closer in the market. This fella was a tragedy beaten two-back over 1400m on a heavy track when he was stopped dead in his tracks three times yet still picked himself up to hit the line hard and run second (winner was off and gone / out of trouble). He stayed at 1400m LS at Eagle Farm and he sat midfield (after jumping on terms) before blowing the whistle up the inside and putting them away easily (very impressive to the eye). He comes up in grade today but gets 3kgs off his back to help off-set that. He arrives with two weeks between runs and gets out to the mile which looks perfect now. The last time he ran over a mile he sat OSL and finished second to COTTEE (went on to win twice next prep) with big gaps behind. Overs.
(5) Anything Goes $2.30: 5YO who comes up from NSW and only narrowly beaten in his last two runs over 1500m. up to the mile now with ORMAN in the saddle. The one to watch.
(14) Last Chance Saloon
$5 (1.5 Units)
Race 9: Become A Member HCP 1350M - 6:10pm (AEDT)
(3) Boom Torque $2.60: Best bet of the day in QLD! The horse is absolutely airborne and he looks hard to beat again today. Very good return over 1110m when he was unlucky not to win behind INASEC with 62.5kgs on his back (hopelessly held-up). He then went to 1300m LS in the $1M MM QTIS Open Quality where he was very well-backed at a price (SP’d $7.50) before hooking widest and picking them all up (big gaps to third / ties in with HATCHET). He gets an extra 50m today and only meets HATCHET 1.5kgs worse at the weights after beating him home by 4.8L. I concede he has a sticky gate to contend with so they’ll need a plan / good ride, but I don’t think he’s found his ceiling yet with more upside to come. Keen.
(3) Boom Torque
$2.60 (3.5 Units)