Saturday racing in Melbourne heads to Caulfield where there is a stong off-season card. There are nine races across the afternoon with big fields and plenty of good betting opportunities
The track is currently rated a soft 7 but the forecast leading into race day is good and we are a chance of seeing an upgrade or two throughout the day. The rail is in the true position the entire circuit.
As always, Billy Bestford has cast his eye across the program and brings you his free horse racing tips, including best bets and race previews.
Best Bet: Race 2 - (3) Ghaanati
Best Value: Race 7 - (7) Designer Chef
We're excited to welcome VicBet on board as our recommended horse racing betting partner. VicBet are an experienced on-track Australian bookmaker who have been online continuously since Jan 2005, the longest non-corporate in Australia. VicBet are a dedicated horse racing site providing a comprehensive range of racing markets, both domestic and International, across gallops, harness and greyhound racing. VicBet have a proven track record, so if you're looking for a new horse racing sportsbook that provide an old-school personal level of customer service, then check out VicBet today!
Caulfield Racing Tips: Saturday June 25th
Think the stable change and new environment might be just what (1) She’s All Class needs to regain some of her best form. That form is one of a horse who is group class and a recent jumpout gives me hope that she might be back to somewhere near her best. Think she is better on the fresher side and this is the easiest race she’s contested in a while.
(4) Chain Of Lightning resumes today and will put her unbeaten record on the line following two impressive wins in her debut prep. Has now moved to the Moody stable and is a big watch fresh.
(2) Unusual Culture is an interesting runner and is also having her first run for the Maher/Eustace stable. She was group 3 placed in her debut prep back in NZ and has jumped out well for this. Think she might be better over a bit further?
Forgive (3) Jezoulenko fresh when never a chance here at Caulfield. That was her first run in five months so she will be fitter for that and bound to improve.
(1) She's All Class
$3.75 (1 unit)
Looks an exciting filly (3) Ghaanati off the back of a super debut win which rated very well. She was slow away there and did a bit wrong but when she got her mind on the job I really loved the way she lengthened in the straight. The stable have pretty high hopes with her and I think this looks a reasonable stepping stone onto bigger and better races. Just needs to hold her form and she will be winning.
With a run under the belt (6) Eros will improve here and looks a touch of value when you consider he has started $2.50 or shorter in all three runs to date. No doubt this is a much tougher task but I think he has ability and race experience will help.
(5) She Dances was super impressive on debut, jumping straight to the lead and not looking like being run down. Meech sticks for the ride and think she can dictate terms up on the speed again. How good?
(2) Taut You Could won well on debut and was quickly spelled. The form out of that race has been very strong and he has jumped out well for this return.
Value: (6) Eros - $18 (0.25 units)
$1.75 (4 units)
Think (4) Squid Game can run well here at a backable enough price. No doubt he is probably better at 1200m but drops 3kg from last start where he was taking ground off Passive Aggressive last start. That horse looks one of the more exciting in the country and don’t think there is any of those in this race. Hoping they can settle a touch handier from a good draw here and that might be the key to his chances over the 1000m. I think he is the best horse in this race and with even luck he should be winning.
(3) Lloyd’s Crown has a good chance here and will take improvement out of the fresh run. On his day he is better than this sort of grade and will enjoy getting back ontop of the ground. Loves the 1000m and I don’t want to be losing on him.
(7) Inundation has won his last two by a combined 7L and no doubt looks a progressive sprinter. Just think he looks short enough in the market off the back of a synthetic 58 win.
(1) Starry Legend is always thereabouts and will once again put himself up on the pace and give a strong sight. A drier track will suit him.
Also Backing: (3) Lloyd's Crown - $11 (0.25 units)
(4) Squid Game
$4.00 (1 unit)
Best value chance of the day comes up here with (7) Designer Chef. He is a very good horse on his day and usually can pull out a fresh run. A most recent jump out tells me he is going very well and I think he looks a good each way chance in an open race.
(3) Blaze A Trail won very well fresh having first start for new stable and there was a bit of money around for him there. Should be fitter now and stays at the Caulfield 1200 which he seems to enjoy. Could go on with it now.
(5) Zoltan has been jumping out well and think he can run a good race here first up at a decent price.
Back to Caulfield is a big tick for (1) Curran and should be hard fit now 4th up from a spell. Knocking on the door for another win and the last start 2nd to Triple Missile is good form for this.
(6) Pioneer River next best.
(7) Designer Chef
$26/$5.50 (0.25/1 unit)