Racing in Sydney this Wednesday takes place at Canterbury with seven races on the card today. The promise of good weather this week in Sydney might even see us racing on a dry(ish) track!
The track is currently rated a heavy 8 with the rail out 6 metres the entire circuit. As mentioned it’s been fine and sunny weather in Sydney the last few days and for the first time in recent memory we might be racing on something better than a heavy!
As always, Billy Bestford has cast his eye across the program and brings you his free horse racing tips, including best bets and race previews.
Canterbury Racing Tips: Wednesday June 8th
Pretty keen on Waller debutant (9) Operative here who has looked the part at a couple of recent trials. With Coolmore in the ownership of this 2yo colt and Jmac taking the ride there is always a big watch when horses like this debut. Think this guy could be above average and from a perfect draw I expect he will be hard to bear.
(3) Ever Bella was good in debut prep, running 3rd on both occasions. She’s sure to be much improved from that experience and has trialled up nicely. Nash Rawiller is a great booking for a horse who will be up on the speed.
(6) Arch Of Titus has looked handy at two trials and looks another with a bit of upside. Draws well here.
(8) Contemporary is the most experienced of the lot and comes into this off the back of a solid enough effort in a very strong 2yo race at Gosford. Back in this sort of grade he’s much more suited.
$2.40 (2.5 units)
(5) Tinnie Winnie is super consistent and has come back in very good order this prep. She won well over 2000m two back then had a little freshen up before bolting in over 1500m at this track in this grade. Looks perfectly placed up to 1900m now and has a great record out to this trip. McDonald sticks for the ride and she only rises 1kg off the back of last starts 3L win.
(4) Lovetheinvasion could be the value here and best performances have always come when 3rd up. Likes wet tracks and looks set to peak now out to 1900m. Will roll forward with Clark in the saddle and will take some running down rock hard fit.
(10) Yggdrasil has been strong to the line last two starts this track/trip. Another win looks very close and she drops 3.5kg for this. Staying at 1900m might be a concern?
(3) Perfect Radiance next best.
(5) Tinnie Winnie
$3.00 (1.5 units)
(3) Bartoselli looks to be airborne going off a couple of pieces of work at the trials and think he is ready to go to a new level this prep. Bowman rode in both the recent trials and sticks for the race today. From a gun draw can sit in behind the speed and he can make a winning return to the track. Doesn’t look to be any superstars in this field and he is the one who can progress.
(7) Egyptian Tycoon gets the blinkers on for the first time and was a comfortable winner over this trip on debut. Wet track is no issue for him and following a little freshen up trial, he can run very well here.
(6) King Kappa drops out of a strong Saturday race for this and looks better suited dropping to 1100m as well. Has been in good form this prep and starts $5.50 against Athelric in a bm78 three back. Has to be respected off that.
(5) Aspen Chase has been loving these midweek wet tracks and looks to get similar conditions again here. Pikey sticks for the ride after the last start win.
$2.05 (2 units)