We're racing at Ascot in the west again this Saturday with another strong card on offer. The rail is out 6m the entirety after being out 2m last week. Our selections are for a Good track with hot conditions forecast, but always watch and monitor for any pattern if possible. The first race is set to jump at 5:05pm AEDT and the last at 9:41pm AEDT.
Shannon Buckley has done the form to bring us his Ascot best bets for the meeting below!
Ascot Racing Tips: Saturday November 25th
Race 1 Drummond Golf BM65+ 2100m - 5:05pm AEDT
(3) – DIAMOND SCENE ($2.60) – progressive stayer who still looks to have upside. He’s returned in excellent order as a new season 4YO winning all three runs this prep. He travelled sweetly first up over the mile before hitting a bit of a flat spot entering the home straight behind PENNY ON THE QUEEN but he picked the bit up and really surged late to score (loved the fight). He then went to 1800m two-back and sat OSL when he was seriously challenged by PLEASURE CRUISE down the straight but he dug deep and held them all off (strong through the line / ties in with GHOBELLA and BERNBRAE). He had the run of the race LS over 2200m and destroyed them. He does meet some key rivals a little worse at the weights for that run, but he maps to sit behind the speed from the nice gate and Pike takes over. Keen he runs well again.
(1) – PLAYHOUSE PATRON ($6.50/$2.30) – Been terrific this prep and gets out to 2100m now. Worth thought at an each way price here. Will need to get in behind from the wide draw, but can expect him to be hitting the line well.
(3) Diamond Scene
$2.60 (3 units)
Race 5 Glenroy Chaff A.J. SCAHILL CUP 2100m - 7:33pm AEDT
(1) – CASINO SEVENTEEN ($2.25) – best bet of the day! We were with him LS and it was a difficult watch. I’ve watched the replay too many times to count and I’m convinced he should have won the race. He was bolting on the corner with no where to go while key rivals QUEEN ALINA and ANOTHER CHINO had momentum / clear running. It looked like the gaps were coming, but just as he went to dart through, he was checked off heels and lost all momentum. To my eye he looked to be coming again on and over the line. He meets ANOTHER CHINO 2kgs better at the weights, is third-up, draws a lovely gate to sit behind the speed again, and gets out to his preferred distance. If he has clear air / gets a bit of luck and doesn’t get a run in the Railway, he’s very hard to beat!
(1) Casino Seventeen
$2.25 (5 units)
Race 7 Sky Racing WA GUINEAS 1600m - 8:34pm AEDT
(14) – KESHI BOOM ($2.90) – what a cracking edition of the WA Guineas! This girl is unbeaten and looks like she could be a very, very good filly. She beat SUPER SMINK fair and square two back over 1400m when she angled off her heels and went straight past (nice gaps to third). SUPER SMINK had the run of the race that day, so no excuses. KESHI BOOM has since gone to the mile and bolted in. She sat midfield off a strong tempo, popped out on the point of the corner and cruised past them. Conversely, SUPER SMINK is yet to win beyond 1400m at this stage in her career. I concede she will need a little bit of luck from the draw, will likely give SUPER SMINK a head start and meets her 4kgs worse at the weights, but I think she still has enormous upside to overcome those. ZIPAWAY looks to be the best of the boys and can settle closer in the run from a better gate today. Great race!
(13) – SUPER SMINK ($2.70) – 3YO filly who has been racing well. Beaten by KESHI BOOM last start, but gets 4kg swing back on her now. Could go either way.
(14) Keshi Boom
$2.90 (2.5 units)