It’s another ripping program at Ascot this weekend to headline racing in Western Australia. The rail is out 4m after being out 10m on Tuesday and our selections are for a GOOD track. The first race will commence at 3:34pm (AEDT) and the last will commence at 8:40pm – watch and monitor for any pattern if possible.
Also, be sure to head over to our Racing Tips page for our best bets for Champions Day at Flemington, plus more free racing content.
Ascot Racing Tips: Saturday, November 11th 2023
Race 3: Carbine Club of WA Appentice Cup BM66 2200m at 4:54pm AEDT
(4) BERNBRAE ($5.00) – runner-up in the WA Oaks behind SHE’S FIT last preparation and looks like she’s ready now third-up today. Super return over 1800m behind BIG SWOOP when she launched from the rear of the field before staying at 1800m LS running fifth to DIAMOND SCENE (ties in). To my eye she looked like she was only just starting to get warm late (good through the line). She gets 6kgs off her back from LS and meets DIAMOND SCENE 3kgs better at the weights. Draws a nice gate for ZJP to camp midfield and have last crack at them. She wants every bit of 2200m now and has a solid third-up profile. Keen she runs well (1 unit win).
(5) DIAMOND SCENE ($2.90) – Early market support for this 4YO after going back-to-back this prep. Gets a 2kg claim which puts him right in this race as well. Goes well third up.
(4) BERNBRAE - WIN
$5 (1 UNIT)
Race 5: Happy 90th Birthday Lorna Ward BM66 1600m at 6:10pm AEDT
(7) COSMIC CRUSADER ($2.05) – one of the bets of the day! We were with him last time, but the drop back in trip from 1600m to 1400m looked to undo him. He still ran well only beaten 0.7L behind AMBER GLIDE even after going back to the inside (not the best going?). The start before that he showed a cracking TOF to beat home DESENNEA (since won well at Bunbury) and he only meets that runner 1.5kgs worse at the weights. Gets back to the mile, draws a nice gate for a lovely map, and there looks to be genuine tempo on paper. He can hit back hard (4 units win)
(4) PLAYHOUSE PATRON ($6.50) – Won well first up at huge odds and then narrowly beaten second up. Back in grade now and gets a 3kg claim which puts him in this race at odds. Can play a role and will be hitting the line strongly
(7) COSMIC CRUSADER - WIN
$2.05 (4 UNITS)
Race 6: Luckygray Stakes 1800m at 6:50pm AEDT
(1) CASINO SEVENTEEN ($2.50) – next best bet of the day in WA! Trialled up very nicely three times prior to the Pinjarra Cup over 1600m first-up when he ran super. He was out the back, caught wide, had to extricate early due to the crawling tempo in front, came down the outside and just peaked / couldn’t reel in the leader POMPEY (also here / had a picnic in front / was entitled to kick). He has a nice second up record, draws the pole for Pike, meets POMPEY and a few others out of that race better at the weight, and maps to sit up on speed. Last prep when he went 1600m to 1800m (same recipe today) he sat 3WNC the entirety and spanked them by 1.5L running away. Great chance (4 units win)
(1) CASINOM SEVENTEEN - WIN
$2.50 (4 UNITS)
Race 8: White Claw – Lee Steere Stakes 1400m at 8:02pm AEDT
(9) BUSTLER ($6.50 / $2.40) – looks a nice e/w play in the feature race at Ascot today. Comes out of the key lead in race behind KARLI’S KARMA when he was first-up and didn’t have much luck. He drew wide and was snagged back to the rear of the field where he found himself 3WNC down the back and raced ungenerously. He still got to the outside down the straight to hit the line well beaten 2.7L. Gets a much kinder gate today so I doubt he’ll be 3WNC and I think he can settle a little closer in transit. He’s won second up before, loves Ascot, goes best on top of the ground, and I think he’ll take great benefit from the first-up effort. He’s a 4YO who still has some upside but previously gone within 0.6L of AMELIA’S JEWEL this time last year.
(4) MAROCCHINO ($4.20) – 7YO who was too hard to run down last start. Will be fitter again here, but draws wide which will hinder him slightly as he will need to jump well to be able to dictate from the front again. Early support so suggesting stable are keen.
(9) BUSTLER - E/W
$6.50/$2.40 (1 UNIT)