Another Wednesday means some strong midweek racing to get us through the week. There’s meetings at Bendigo and Canterbury where we can hopefully find a few winners.
Billy Bestford has had a look across the meetings and has found his best bets for the day.
Today's Racing Tips: Wednesday, April 20th
(8) Baekdu ran 2nd at first two career starts both at $1.60. Those two runs were solid enough and were on rain affected tracks. He was well backed first up but put in a very green performance, hanging badly and tailing off. Has trialled since and looked good and I think he can bounce back.
(2) Whatafox is ready to win with two good runs under the belt this prep and have to respect the stable bringing her to Sydney for the first time. She started $1.16 last start so clearly have to respect the SP profile. Jmac takes the ride and from a good draw she will be tough to beat.
(5) Stay In Touch is flying in his first prep and the heavy track last start seemed to suit him just as well as dry. He beat a good one there and looks progressive, rises in grade for this but can settle closer from the inside draw and can be hard to hold out again.
(9) Hameron was impressive winning on debut before running a good 2nd to Detonator Jack. That horse has since come out and won again and is now undefeated in three runs. I like him getting up to this trip now and he likes wet tracks.
(3) Brave Star has been good at his first two runs in Australia and looks ready to win now 3rd up and gets favoured conditions now. I like him rising to 1500m and I think they’ll take him back from the gate and let him run home like he did last start. Race fitness will be a big positive on this testing track.