Melbourne racing this Wednesday heads to the Lakeside track at Sandown for a strong nine race card. While it’s the It looks a decent betting day with big fields and plenty of chances so let’s hope we can land some winners to help you over the midweek hump.
The track is currently rated a soft 6 with the rail out 6 metres the entire circuit. There is a fair chunk of rain forecast on Tuesday and on race day so I expect we will be racing in the heavy range.
Billy Bestford has cast his eye across the meeting to bring you his best free horse racing tips and race previews to help you back some winners on a great day of racing.
Sandown Racing Tips: Wednesday May 31st
Think (14) Newzeel Deal can run a race at an each way price here. 3rd up now and getting out to more suitable trip he looks well placed to run well. His two runs this prep have been good and both occasions he has looked as if he would enjoy getting over more ground. The possibility of a heavy track would only improve his chances.
(6) Tripoli is the other horse at a price that I could entertain. Well held in a strong Saturday race fresh but much better suited back to this sort of grade. Unbeaten 2nd up and he gets through wet tracks just fine.
(2) Gate Crash looks one of the more progressive horses in the field and it was a big win fresh when held up at key stages. Still managed to sprint hard when clear and was too good. He’s unbeaten from two 2nd up runs and will be hitting the line hard from back in the field.
(4) Hopkins is probably the best wet tracker in the field and brings super consistent form into this. Won two of last three and has placed in all of his last five runs. No doubt he is right in the finish once again.
While there is a few progressive horses in the field, it looks a wide open race and happy to speck a couple who looks good value chances.
(6) Tripoli ($23/$5.50) 0.25 Units WIN
(14) Newzeel Deal
$23/$5.50 (0.25 Units WIN)
(5) Megamea resumes today and has a very strong fresh record. She was very good last prep and since joining Luke Oliver she hasn’t put a foot wrong. The stable chose this race ahead of Caulfield Saturday and she clearly looks a good chance in this sort of field. Her record at 1200m is also very good, with all three career wins coming over this trip.
(10) Bubbly Lass has jumped out well since a little freshen up following a trip to Sydney. She loves the wet and on best form I expect she will be right in this. With Jamie Kah taking over that is always a positive lead.
(9) Rebellious Belle is lightly raced and won well fresh on a heavy track. Any rain that comes will help her chances and she was a strong winner 2nd up last prep. Looks on the up.
(2) Blistering is honest and will give himself every chance up on the speed once again. That was a very tough win last start when finding the front early but found a kick when needed. Back to 1200m will be the query.
(10) Bubbly Lass ($9.50) 0.5 Units WIN
$7.00 (0.5 Units WIN)
(2) Realeza was just 2L off Jigsaw last start carrying 61kg and that horse has since won a good Saturday race. Has been flying this prep and if the rain comes I would expect his chances to improve and would be surprised if he doesn’t jump favourite.
(7) Peidra will be suited by the speed in this race and has been super consistent without winning lately. Has been freshened since a good 3rd on a very heavy Warrnambool track so rain should be no issue today. Oliver taking over from a good gate should see him with every chance.
(6) Red Red Wine looks to be building nicely and backed up a good first up effort with a comfortable win last start. He’s fitter now and can continue to progress through the grades.
(13) Minyinga probably the one at odds who can run well.
$4.25 (1 Unit WIN)