Another Wednesday means some strong midweek racing to get us through the week. There’s meetings at Warwick Farm and Sandown where we can hopefully find a few winners. Billy Bestford has had a look across the meetings and has found his best bets for the day.
Remember to check out our Racing Tips page for weekly updates on Wednesday and Saturday and also head to RacingBet for more in depth racing previews daily!
Horse Racing Tips: Wednesday, February 9th
Warwick Farm R1
(3) Robusto only needs to take natural improvement from a good first up run to be winning here today. Went down as a very short priced fav there but he ran on pretty well and looks ready to win now. Draws well in gate 3 and the slight rise in trip will aid his cause.
Warwick Farm R3
(2) Benaud was a very impressive winner first up on debut last prep before going on to tackle some very hot black-type races. He finished 3rd in the Gloaming and 5th in the Spring Champion behind Profondo in his next two starts and did not look out of his depth there. Back to this sort of grade looks a great starting point to this prep and he has also been gelded. Big watch.
Warwick Farm R5
(10) Roots clearly jumps off the page as the one to beat here considering the sort of horses he has mixed his form around. Beaten just half a length by Fangirl at 2nd start is very good form and has trialled up reasonably well leading into this prep. Think he might be ready to take the next step now and won well over this trip when fresh on debut.
(1) Attractable looks ready for the mile now 4th up following three very good runs this prep. Went to town last start and was only beaten by couple of very handy horses. Looks well placed back to the midweeks and the Moody stable is airborne at the moment. Jamie takes over today and she should be able to either lead or stalk the leaders in this small field and the horse will do the rest.
(5) Island Edition has jumped out very well for this today and I’m always keen to follow the Stokes yard fresh when they perform like that in the lead up. Absolutely bolted in first up last prep over this trip and didn’t put a bad run in after that but I think he’s definitely a fresh horse. Will go forward and take some beating.